What happened to the TCS Concordia?

Aradayn

Spaceman
Does anyone know what events took place that ended with the Concordia wrecked as it was in the beginning of Wing Commander III?

I looked online but I couldn't find anything. Was the story even told?

I don't know specifically any details. Though I think it was told in one of the novels.
From a short statement as far as I know, the Concordia was en route to defend the colonies of Vespus (the system) but encountered a large kilrathi fleet. The confederate flagship managed to destroy most of the fleet but sustained heavy damage to its engines (or rear) and ended up crashing straight down to the mistral coast of the planet Vespus (X).

There is the WCNEWS Encyclopedia you know.

It should be noted that the Concordia had been previously damaged (the Battle Of Terra?) and was deligated to policing actions in more "backwater" war zones.

The Concordia suffered several torpedo hits defending Earth (in the novel Fleet Action). After the Battle of Terra she was put on "indefinite patrol status, Code 4" and spent some eight months patroling 'safe' sectors. She was destroyed by the Kilrathi in the Vespus System (an important fleet base), fighting a rearguard action. That's all we really know -- presumably she was covering a Confederation retreat (rearguard is the opposite of vanguard - the part of a force that is in back to cover a retreat), but no details are available.

Back