What happened to HTL?

Skybolt

Spaceman
I just finished reading 100 chapters of Holding The Line, a wonderful fan project, and I want more!So, is HTL going to continue or what?
Speaking of fan projects, I can't download WC Total Conversion for Freespace 2.What's going on?

Originally posted by Skybolt
I just finished reading 100 chapters of Holding The Line, a wonderful fan project, and I want more!So, is HTL going to continue or what?

Actually, the HTL storyline has been trekking along nicely, with close to two dozen chapters released via the Aces Club mailing list since we hit the 100 chapter mark, and a similar number sitting on my hard-drive waiting for release.

It's only the online archive that has fallen a bit behind, becuase the guy who maintains it had to drop out due to some real life troubles. He's back now though, and we hope to have the Archives up to date real soon now. In the meantime, the best way to get HTL chapters straight from the horse's mouth is by joining the mailing list. You can do that either via the form at Acenet Central, or by simply dropping me an E-mail at theraj@es.co.nz

Best, Raptor

well I'm trying to get those iles to, but everytime I almost Got them something happend And I loose them, last time I saw them Darkmage Uploadthem to my WCBL WP, ater that the WP dissaperat and the everything got lost, if someone manage to get them plz send them to me, or tell me where are uploadthem, I need them to finihs my fan Project

Well,my Outlook went crazy,and I can't load it without some error messages.Can somebody please make an archive and put it on a site so everyone can download it or if somebody would send me chapters after 100th on skybolt@crius.net?TIA

Something that I've been thinking about: How would the people on this board feel about my posting the "missing" HTL chapters (the 20 or between the last on the Archive site, and the latest sent out on the Aces mailing list) to the CIC fanfic chatboard? One chapter at a time, of course. That would allow people who have missed chapters to read them without having to wait for the Archives update.

The reason that I have avoided posting any HTL chapters on the CIC to date is that they're fairly big, averaging about 5,000 words. If there is there a hard wired word limit on the chatboards, or simply one that that the admins would prefer that postings stay under, I can split each chapter into installments.

What do the popele here think? Enthusiasm at the idea? Blind hate? Resounding indifferance?

Best, Raptor

That'd be fine -- or, if you like, we can put 'em in the "articles" section and post about 'em on the front page.

Well,whatever you do is fine with me, just as long as I get to read those chapters.Although I would prefer to have it all in one place.Namely - archive. Once again, I thank the people who are writing HTL and I hope that archive gets updated soon.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
That'd be fine -- or, if you like, we can put 'em in the "articles" section and post about 'em on the front page.

Thanks, LOAF. Posting them as articles would probably be the better idea, as that would avoid any formatting problems from posting directly to the chatboard.

I'll send you guys one chapter each week on friday (NZ time) and you can put them up whenever its convenient. As new chapters are now sent out fortnightly on the Aces list, the chapters posted on the CIC will gradually catch up, so that people who aren't on the mailing list won't constantly be behind on the storyline.

Best, Raptor

We just had a national tragedy. Thousands are dead. Chill!

Someone apparently is on something...

<Puts out hand> Gimme some. :D

Originally posted by LeHah
We just had a national tragedy...Chill!
And yet you manage to find time for a tired old narcotics joke that's told 100 times a day...
Someone apparently is on something...

<Puts out hand> Gimme some. :D
Howabout instead of paying mere lip service to the serious nature of the week's events, we refrain from using it as a conversational tool. All relevant discussion on the matter is being held in #WingNut, so it's better to be there anyway.

I personally feel that the recent rash of posts accross the web of people "expressing sympathy" and brooding ever so vocally on the grave events only serves to cheapen the truly terrible moment that the USA and the free world as a whole experienced on the 11th, and I find that very offensive.

So let's all be kind to each other and simply drop the subject from our conversations here. If it's so terribly important for you, you can come to #WingNut.

Well, I found some stories on TCS Valley Forge's site and some on AceNet. but I think there are some missing,Can someone mail me just the order of stories? I'd hate missing some or reading in advance. TIA

Frosty: And you're willing to take time to correct what could only be considered a minor infraction by an absolutely self-resolved person with OCD.

You've seen me on #Wingnut all week, Frosty. I get along with you there, then you come here and bitch everyone out on CZ. You need to figure out who's side you stand on, because standing by your self-rightous self is pretty damned lonely, I fathom.

I brought up the subject of what happened on Tuesday because Skybolt was acting like a child in toy store: gimme gimme gimme.
I informed him that now was not the time, that is all. My jest in the following post was to change the subject. The fact that its recycled has no point, as the fact you're a miserable person to talk to on CZ is. I think a good amount of people could agree with that on this board.

Fact is, sure, I can make a jackass of myself on this board. Yeah, well, I've seen you make some people PO'd and I'd rather look like a fool than someone who's being seen as an overly sarcastic impudent brat that could give "Flash" Dillion a run for his money with others.

I will not bring up any further rebukes against certain abhorantly insulting CZers or mention what happened this past week, as its getting damned bloody old.

Nevertheless, I don't know what's gotten into Frosty, but he's been a lot nicer lately...
So let him be a smartass, Lehah... :) not that the board has many... <g>

Back