What happened to Gorah Kar???

Dix

Spaceman
:confused: Ok, i dunno if i spelled that right, but anyhoo. Does anyone know what happened to the Kilrathi rebels in the end? i don't remeber anything about them in WC3, and as far as i can recall they survived the whole WC2/SO1-2 era intact... In fact, i seem to recall them talking about other Kilrathi planets seeking to join them in WC2.

Where are they now?? (dead, alive, throw rugs, etc..)

I think these planets were crushed during the false truce. I don't know if there is anything in Fleet Action about them.

Ghorah Khar was still part of the Confederation during Wing Commander III (there's an article about salvage efforts there in Victory Streak)... in the post-war, post-Emperor era, they returned to Chancellor Melek's caretaker government (the planet is red on the 2681 WCU Map that came with Prophecy).

the map is pretty usefull to determine the post-war ownership of contested systems. It seems confed returned most of the starsystems it took from the Kilrathi.

Or the Kilrathi took them in the last days of the war -- they were in the process of a major offensive when Melek sued for peace... (they'd just taken Torgo, Confed's Epsilon Sector HQ).

Wasn't Torgo the base Tolwyn was at in the beginning of WCIII?

Bandit LOAF said:
Or the Kilrathi took them in the last days of the war -- they were in the process of a major offensive when Melek sued for peace... (they'd just taken Torgo, Confed's Epsilon Sector HQ).

Interesting... Didn't remember that. But wouldn't Melek return those systems to Confed?

They were supposed to (and eventually did, per the map)... but one of the background details in False Colors is that Confed is looking the other way with regards to the terms of the treaty and granting extensions for the Kilrathi to stay in conquered star systems.

Bandit LOAF said:
They were supposed to (and eventually did, per the map)... but one of the background details in False Colors is that Confed is looking the other way with regards to the terms of the treaty and granting extensions for the Kilrathi to stay in conquered star systems.

I doubt you have the book in front of you now - but could you give me an idea where in the book that is? I honestly don't remember seeing that. Does the book state why Confed is looking the other way or what they're getting out of it?

Actually, I have a copy of the book in pieces right here -- I've been working on a detailed FC timeline the last few nights. The reference is on Page 41... and Admiral Richards' (subjective) opinion is that it's because Confed feels guilty about killing so many civilians at Kilrah.

Heh - i think i need to find some of these WC books - that's the trouble with living in Africa, i guess... thanks for the info, LOAF

I've never read the books, though I find it pretty disturbing post-war Confed is worried about killing so many civilians at Kilrah. Considering they nuked half of Earth and several of the inner planets, who gives a damn? They got what they deserved.

Same goes for the Treaty of Torgo which the media names treaty of 'Kobar-Yagar' (I believe) - 'for the sake and dignity of the Kilrathi people'. Torgo was a Confed star system, that's just silly. Have the media and most politicians gone extremely stupid in the latter half of the 27th century?

Well I guess they have, considering they were also lured into that false truce.

After over 30 years of war an offer of peace looks quite tempting especially after an enemy comes to you when it is your side that is winning the war at that present time

... I find it pretty disturbing post-war Confed is worried about killing so many civilians at Kilrah. Considering they nuked half of Earth and several of the inner planets, who gives a damn? They got what they deserved.

...no trolling intended, but you may think about that again.

I like a game universe which picks up notions of ethics and morals and puts them to work in a universe that the player has to interact with. If you're arming wepons and waiting for the torpedo to lock, but in the back of your mind you think about civilians and the question of individual guilt and innocence, the game has done something right.

Back