What happened to Blair? (spoilers within)

Therein

Spaceman
At the end of Prophecy as we all know something happens to Blair but what? Reading around on the CIC encyclopedia no remains where found. He was decleared MIA but that does not mean he died.

Do you think Blair died when the cooling tower was collapsed or do you belive something happened to him and he actully suvied?

I'm probably blind, or dumb, or both, but i don't see that tower falling into the hole.
I just played the final mission to see it, but i didn't. Can somebody give me a hint?

Watched an interview with Charlon Heston from the Planet of the Apes series.
Heston basically wanted OUT of the Ape series "was becoming to much like the Hearty Boys" Now I never saw the Hearty Boys but from what I've "heard" Mark Hammil felt the same way about Wing commander. He just wanted out. :( And what better way then to die. Cool thing about the future is we can clone stuff so if he changes his mind.... ;)

Watched an interview with Charlon Heston from the Planet of the Apes series.
Heston basically wanted OUT of the Ape series "was becoming to much like the Hearty Boys" Now I never saw the Hearty Boys but from what I've "heard" Mark Hammil felt the same way about Wing commander. He just wanted out. :( And what better way then to die. Cool thing about the future is we can clone stuff so if he changes his mind.... ;)

Where do you keep comming up with this crap? Mark would have been in the movie even, but he was too old to play a young Blair. So instead he was supposed to be Merlin, and when merlin changed nature he still voiced the fighter computer uncredited. Hardly someone who wants out. The end on prophecy was hardly a desire of his to leave the role as it was EA/Origin's desire to movie the series past blair as the player character. It's a passing of the torch in the same way Star Trek Generations was supposed to be.

Also, there's space for signature info in your user options.

Also, there's space for signature info in your user options.

There wasn't before so if I saw or heard something that made me chuckle I'd just write it at the end of a post :) I didn't think people really read those, though I do and apreciate the cleaver sigs. Most of them are Spongbob...son LOVES the little sqaure dude. And after watching I can see why. I break out laughing a bit.
I have a real cute pic of my son from when he was 3 months old and he looks like he's saluting if/when I get an avatar I'm planning on using that. Working on editing it to put a Confed uniform on him too. Though after he poored milk all over my laptop last week i'm slated to use the Black Lance uniform. :eek: I can still see that sweet little face with that big SMILE as he held the sippie cup upside down saying "look what I can do!" as he proceeded in ripping the keys off the board.:p What can you do but dry it off and babg your head against the wall.:cool:

Run Mr. Krabs! Run Like your not in a coma!!!

Apparently, someone forgot to flush twice. This thread is still active.

When I make a joke, its funny.

When you make a joke, you're Carlos Mencia. Stop that.

When I make a joke, its funny.

When you make a joke, you're Carlos Mencia. Stop that.

Except that his addition made my short-circuited brain understand your joke. And quite frankly, considering the quality of your last joke, you're in no position to insult his.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, you're all great, now shut up.

In all seriousness, this is a subject that we can discuss again -- I don't want to be one of those 'check the archive' forums. I can guarantee that I've talked about 99% of the things we can ever talk about in terms of Wing Commander before... that shouldn't scare off new people.

That said, without someone adding to the conversation I'm afraid I don't have much beyond my long first post in the thread Max linked to.

(Re: the above; Mark Hamill didn't want 'out' of the Wing Commander series. He frequently sold Prophecy as being neat because he wouldn't have come back if they hadn't thought up an interesting story for him... but that's more of a PR line than it is his true feelings. He did, after all, come back to do voice work for the movie and the Academy show.)

Loaf,

Did the origin guys leave it ambiguous on pupose?

I personally figure that it never could have ended well:
If the tower blows up, he dies....
if the tower fails and decompresses, he dies...
if the tower falls through to the other side, you either have the two previous paths leading to death
or he's captured alive in the midst of the Nephilem fleet...and I'm guessing dies very painfully.

What did I miss?

*decides to play the "Blair can't die, he's Chuck Norris in a cockpit!" card*

While in all honesty I believe he _must_ have died, what if by some unimaginable chance the wormhole swallowed him... from within the tower... where it wouldn't be... and put him somewhere safe... instead of vacuum?

It's been a long day and I'm reaching.

(Offtopic: As always, your way of shutting down a useless argument is as funny as it is effective, LOAF. =D)

or he's captured alive in the midst of the Nephilem fleet...and I'm guessing dies very painfully.

Well, they had him once and let him go for some special reason, so that at least leaves hope for him if his tower section were to end up floating in their space.

Did the origin guys leave it ambiguous on pupose?

Yes and no, apparently. Let me direct you again to my last post on the matter here: http://www.crius.net/zone/showpost.php?p=321902&postcount=9

Some people involved in the project have said that there was no specific plan for Blair... and it seems that the tower 'falling in' to the wormhole was a decision made by the (great) artist who created the scene rather than something established at request of the team. Others, though, have said (much later) that there was a long-range plan that would have eventually brought about Blair's return.

Others, though, have said (much later) that there was a long-range plan that would have eventually brought about Blair's return.
Sweet. So theirs a chance that Blair could be coming back! That would be cool. Hopefully not as a bad guy. :( The idea of a once great war hero coming back as a Steltech bad guy like in a fanfic was cool. Imagine fighting an insane Blair with with superior alien tech. :D

Back