What did I buy?

Those are started decks for the Wing Commander CCG, which came out in 1995... which was the year that you could release a CCG of any license. The WC:CCG is a really fun game (people seemed to spend all of last D*C playing the four player variant), and the art is pretty unique looking. Collecting the cards back when it came out was one of the most fun WC things I can remember doing.

Lynx said:
Maybe it's just me, but I usually try to find out what something is before I buy it. :p

A big unopened box of somethings with Wing Commander III graphics on it - how could I go wrong?

Well, I'm sure a box with a WC3 graphic on the outside and a timebomb on the inside would be considered something gone wrong. Unlikely, but also wrong.

Bandit LOAF said:
The WC:CCG is a really fun game (people seemed to spend all of last D*C playing the four player variant), and the art is pretty unique looking. Collecting the cards back when it came out was one of the most fun WC things I can remember doing.

Yeah, I really tried to resist and go out and do regular DragonCon things.. but the damn card game was so fun. We played it every night for hours until the middle of the night. It's really amazingly how closely the action in the card game can mimic the action in the games. As you attack and perform card-based maneuvers, you really imagine you're doing the stuff in WC3.

Bandit LOAF said:
We really need to get some Armada-capable PCs down there.

Hades got Priv/Armada running on our laptops.. just have to find a way to get them to recognize modern networks. Next year we should do quick combat games off one system at least though I suppose.

So McGruff.. what do you plan to do with the cards?

As cool as the game sounds, I figure they'll make for a more valuable collector's item down the road if I just leave them unopened. Have to fight temptation.

Back