What car do you drive?

It's usually quicker than the average 2.0L car from a standstill, but starts to show the lack of power when accelerating on a highway on-ramp. I shall make no comments on handling and cornering, however ;)
I think the accel from 50 to 75 mph is great. From 0-60, though, both the Corolla and Yaris are faster. Well, I didn't get the Prius for street racing, anyway... :p :D
And yeah, both the Corolla and Yaris beat the Prius in cornering, but it's by far not the worst-handling car I've ever seen. And I used to drive a lot of cars, including really expensive ones... ;) (No, I don't mean to brag - I just worked for a car rental company for about seven years, that's why.)

Does your car have the "EV" button near the ignition key slot? I've heard that availability of that feature may be market-dependent.
Yes, it does. And it's convenient at times, although the Prius generally does a good job at deciding whether he needs (or can afford) EV or not.

Oh, the question about the rear camera: I don't have one, since that feature premiered with the facelift (which I don't own). I've seen it in other cars and kinda liked it - it's a nice little gimmick. And presumably something we'll see more of in the future.
(My rear bumpers are okay, by the way. :))

I drive a 2001 Jeep Cherokee 4x4, best brand of SUV ever
Your Jeep is only cool if it's got the 4.0

I'd have bought an American car, but the only authentic American cars they make these days are Australian, and cost too much, so I save my flag-waving for when it's not so confusing.

I always find amusement in people saying my Talon is a 'foreign' car, given that it's the mechanical sibling to same-year Mitsubishi Eclipses, but except for the drivetrain (and not always then) and electronics (don't recall the sound system options they came with when new, off the top of my head), it's just about all American parts, assembled by American workers.

I like to see people get steamed when I point out that my 'foreign' car has more domestic content than their 'domestic' that was made in Mexico or Canada, with half or more of the components coming from outside the US. :D

My brother and I, we share a 1987 VW Golf II, black, 70-something hp and it had those red stripes all around like a GT but after some unfortunate crashes it lacks them on the front.

I don't have a picture but it's in a sorry shape, (including mushrooms) because we don't use it very much, don't have great knowledge or interest about cars but it is still the sturdiest and most reliable car I have ever met. It really deserves better owners than us...incidentally, I'll give him a ride in 20 minutes. Brave Golf...

Back