We're back

KrisV

Administrator
We finally have our old data back, and since there hadn't been a lot of posts since the Forums were initially reopened, we've decided to roll back to Monday night. The Forums are now back to how they were shortly before the server went out. By restoring this backup we get two full days back, losing only one or two dozen posts that were made today and yesterday. We hate to see those go, but we get a lot more back this way.

We expect to have the rest of the CIC and all hosted websites restored to in the next 12 to 18 hours. Thanks for bearing with us.

so im guessing that a newer backup of the forums was found then? cuz the posts I made yesterday are all gone :(

The one that was restored yesterday dated back two days before the server went offline. The one we're on now is from just before it happened. So all that is missing are posts from yesterday and earlier today.

I'm wondering if the reason that not many posted recently is that the main link to the forums was broken. I didn't realize they were actually still on line until I saw the list of topics changing (duh on my part).

Thanks for the hard work getting us back going.

DNS was broken for the better part of yesterday, so www.crius.net didn't go anywhere. Everything was still up though, but only accessible through the IP.

It's good to be back. THe CIC wasn't the only site having problems. Several sites were down last week.

Im so glad your back. Now i can start another useless X-com thread. (what about aftermath, just got it).

Dyret said:
Im so glad your back. Now i can start another useless X-com thread. (what about aftermath, just got it).

Hey what's the capitol of Norway? I'm currently working on a crossword. It's four letters.

I have a problem holding up to that deal myself.

God only knows if you can.

Back