Weird problem

U

Unregistered

Hello Everyone,
First I want to thank the Standoff team for a great mod, Epidodes 1 and 2 kicked major ass. Unfortuanly I have encoutered a weird problem with ep. 3. The game installed fine, and I started Standoff up just fine, but when I clicked on "Repair Bay" I got the sound of a cutscene, but no video. This didn't happend with ep. 1 or 2 it just started when I tried to play ep. 3.

Also, After I started Standoff I didn't get an intro cutscene like when ep. 1 and 2 started. I don't know if its suposed to start after the scene in the Repair Bay, if one's not inculded with this chapter, or if my machine just skipped it. I thought I would bring this to your attention to help me fix it and in case anyone else encouters a similar problem.

Once again great mod :)

My suggestion would be to go to the flight history and select the END CUTSCENE of E2. Then view that one again (you can press ESC once it started). See if this solves the bug.

That does seem weird indeed. Depending on how you finished Ep 2, you should see the Repair Bay scene again, then instead of the splash screen you saw last time, you should see the Ep 3 intro... can you try loading an earlier savegame (one mission before that, or something?) and tell us if it works? Save your current game to a separate file, just in case.

Quick update:
I tried just skipping that cutscene in the Repair Bay. The intro to ep. 3 played just fine, the brefing for the next mission was fine, and the mission was mostly fine. The problem was that there was no picture for the VDU. Not for the cats not for the Terrans. The Killrathi wouldn't display at all and fellow pilots would have their callsign displayed under a black box where their face should be.

Addendum:

I noticed that my flight history only inculded the ep. 1 missions, not ep.2. I'm thinking that the only way to solve this problem is to uninstall all standoff, restart, and then reinstall. I'll backup my saved files and tell you how it works.

Let us know wheter the reinstall works or not. Maybe the video issue might be something wrong with your divx codec, too?

Are you sure the missions were missing from the history terminal? They're not in chronological order due to a bug in Secret Ops, so it might seem like they're not there when they actually are.

Good News:
The reinstall worked. :)
I don't know why it worked, but it did. Thanks again for your attention to this problem, and for the greatest WC mod.

Woops, I forgot to mention that the ep. 2 missions are in the flight history terminal. Eder, was right they were just not in chornological order.

Ah, that's much less weird then. ;) The missions being out of order is a bug that goes back to the original Secret Ops, if I'm not mistaken.

Glad to know that it worked!

Houstin we have a problem!!! I have checked my flight history terminal too see if I could help someone in another thread here but I'm missing missions (Just the one that I could find.) I have gone through episodes 1-3 in the winning path (all the missions were sucessful) but after I finished episode 3 I noticed the mission where you attack the Ralaltha then go to destroy the Snakeir. This is defenatly a missing mission as I have searched all the missions in the flight history and couldn't find it! It all seemed to be in order to me as I checked that while looking for this mission!
p.s. I must be your "Favourite" Standoff player reporting problem after problem with Standoff!

We don't know of any missing mission bugs in the flight history terminal - are you absolutely sure they're not just out of chronological order?

Also, if you used the flight history terminal to go back and try the losing path, you might've made your winning path missions disappear, since they never happened. :p

No I havn't gone back to do another path since the mission and I'm have litterlatery clicked on every mission to see what one it was and quit the mission as soon as I saw it was the wrong one (I quit the mission by clicking restart mission button in the ingame menu) but the ones that didn't disapper stayed in my flight history after I took off and quitted the missions. I havn't saved a game in Standoff (or another WC game since WCP)

Good News!!! I found the mission! It was hidden and was displayed as a cutscene. It was greyed out even though it was completed! Thanks for trying to help anyway!

Eder said:
Also, if you used the flight history terminal to go back and try the losing path, you might've made your winning path missions disappear, since they never happened. :p

Aww, really? You can't eventually "unlock" all the missions in the flight history terminal? I think all games should have some menu at some point that lets you pick out any mission to fly.

ChrisReid said:
Aww, really? You can't eventually "unlock" all the missions in the flight history terminal? I think all games should have some menu at some point that lets you pick out any mission to fly.
No, Eder's just confused - you can unlock all the missions, they won't make other missions disappear.

And yeah, some missions will remain gray (which doesn't actually mean a cutscene, it just means an incomplete mission) after you finish them. This is because of the way we implemented fighter selection - the price of having neato fighter selection that lets us offer more than two fighters to choose from is eternal grayness. (it's also the reason why fighter selection missions don't end with a debriefing screen)

Quarto said:
No, Eder's just confused - you can unlock all the missions, they won't make other missions disappear.

Okay good, because I thought I'd already done this to play some alternate missions stuff in Episode 1/2 :)

Back