Weird e-mail

Unforgiven

Spaceman
Today I received the following e-mail:

Sent: donderdag 21 maart 2002 8:02
To: Christopher Blair
Subject: NOTICE OF SHIPMENT. YOUR REPLY IS REQUESTED.

NOTICE OF SHIPMENT. REPLY REQUIRED TO ACCEPT.

Attn: Christopher Blair,

The following items are ready for delivery to:

Christopher Blair:

1. Almond Bath & Shower Crme
2. Facial Cleansing Gelee
3. Purifying Body Lotion
4. Fruit Enzyme Peel

Total charge for the above items now due: $0.00

IMPORTANT: To release the above items for shipment from our warehouse to your door and for complete details on participation in this offer click the link below before midnight March 28, 2002.

http://www.bodyeq.com/a886

Click on the above link or copy and paste it into Your browser's address line then click GO.

Unfortunately, this offer will be canceled if you do not reply before midnight March 28, 2002.

http://www.bodyeq.com/a886

====================================================

You are receiving this email because you registered at one of ResponseBases's partner sites, and agreed to receive gifts and special offers that may be of interest to you. If you do not want to receive special offers in the future, please email unsub-ms@eros.stoen.net with remove in the subject line.

While it is possible that I've registered somewhere using the name Christopher Blair (although that is not my usual 'Fake ID'), I would most certainly not have used my real e-mail address for it. Very very weird.

Well, one of the following is going on:

1 - Those &#%! spam messages.
2 - "Bait" posted by a hacker.
3 - Someone cares about you having a freshy, smooth skin.

Either way, I would not click on that link, if I were you.:D

I'd probably agree with that. Although seeing Blair's name in there makes me wonder, if spamming and such is so bad now, how worse would it be in an place as big as Confed. Oy! I don't honestly think I could take all that without my e-mail account blowing up. :)

The scary thing is, if you had an AOHell email, stopping the spam messages might cave it in on itself. You can't have an AOHell email account and not expect to have 90 spam messages waiting for you when you first get online.

If you get online.

Originally posted by Saturnyne
The scary thing is, if you had an AOHell email, stopping the spam messages might cave it in on itself. You can't have an AOHell email account and not expect to have 90 spam messages waiting for you when you first get online.

If you get online.

How is the weather in 1993, anyway?

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF

How is the weather in 1993, anyway?

Last I heard it was sunny with a chance of meatballs (remember that? It was my favorate book in kindergarden...

Originally posted by Starkey
Well, one of the following is going on:

1 - Those &#%! spam messages.
2 - "Bait" posted by a hacker.
3 - Someone cares about you having a freshy, smooth skin.

Either way, I would not click on that link, if I were you.:D
Of course it's spam, and of course I didn't click the link or replied to the mail.
I get spam all the time. The weird part about this one is how they got my real e-mail address associated with the name Christopher Blair.

Yeah, cloudy with a chance of meatballs did rock.

Oddly enough, I was just discussing it with my brother the other day -- what *exactly* is the moral? That if life gets too tough you should give up?

Originally posted by Unforgiven
While it is possible that I've registered somewhere using the name Christopher Blair (although that is not my usual 'Fake ID'), I would most certainly not have used my real e-mail address for it. Very very weird.
I'm sure there's some way of connecting the two email addresses to the same person.

Dad gets plenty of junk mail from English university based addresses, and a day or two after, I get the same ones. It's possible that the mail tracks through my cousin's address, get's sent to Dad, then to me.

Back