Website Plotting Anti-EA Activities (April 2, 2005)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
GamersAgainstEAGames.com has set up shop on the internet to educate the world about Electronic Arts' shady practices in the games industry. They are attempting to document various acquisitions, licensing deals and corporate decisions to illustrate a negative trend. This mission also apparently includes trying to get advertisers, affiliates and sponsors to generate a little cash on the side (to not buy EA games with).
What are we looking for in a game that we buy. Great graphics, good story line, Runs smooth, Good tech support, Fair price, Among many of the other things. If you agree with the above small list then our advice for you is to stay away from EA games.
Past history shows EA has dropped support on there games faster then any other company out there. Past history also shows the games are released before they are ready to be released which means games full of bugs that customers become beta testers instead of game owners.
With cold hard evidence like that, can the $3 billion behemoth hold its ground? If that's not enough, they're currently trying to hold a contest for its members to create anti-EA screensavers.

antiea.gif

Oh man, the calendar says it's not April Fools' Day anymore. These guys are for real.

--
Original update published on April 2, 2005

Last edited by a moderator:
I can very much understand that guys. EA's business practices in the last years aren't exactly something to be proud of.

Wow, ZF, I never would have realized that EA is related to a genocidal dictatorship that resulted in the deaths of tens of millions of people without that helpful image. Thanks for setting me straight!

That was sarcasm by the way.

Ass.

Oh, boy, you won't believe this. One time EA *bought* another *company*.

It was like it was engaging in a standard business practice! I was so offended that I never, ever bought anything again. (Other than hats).

Most people don't regularly go out of their way to post about things with which they disagree, except to comment on it. Without such commentary, my initial thought is that you agree with "EA=Nazi Party".

Which is patently bullshit.

Death said:
Wow, ZF, I never would have realized that EA is related to a genocidal dictatorship that resulted in the deaths of tens of millions of people without that helpful image. Thanks for setting me straight!
That was sarcasm by the way.

Oh come on - we known they have such tendencies. Count together all the poor people that were killed in their games. Also note that just after origin was bought by EA we see space nazis all the place in WC4. What more evidence do you need?! ;-)

NuclearPenguins said:
Sorry I can't boycott EA. They make the best sports games out there. I'm sure they'll be even better now with ESPN on their team.

That's sarcasm, right? They bought an exclusive license so their biggest competitor wouldn't be allowed to create their product anymore, then went and bought the ESPN name that their competitor used. It won't be better, it'll be the best, because it's be the only one for years.

It's really more a matter that they're engaging in "hostile" buisiness practices. But then again, when it comes to business... I think fair's fair... and the money is the ultimate truth teller. If people disagree with EA enough, they would stop buying it. If people really don't care (which I think is the majority decision), EA will continue to rake in the dough and produce a product that will sell. Remember - it's not necessarily what's good... it's what sells.

Back