Web-Site updated

if the things work out it will not... we have to do several changes to the ai behavior, number of guns available per ship, autopilot, etc...

Additionally, everyone can play the game since FS2 installation will no longer be required.

I loved fighting the dralthis... once the shields went down it was dang near impossible to hit... one question... are you using the WC-Style bubble shaped shielding? I hope so... nailing the shields until they fail, then shooting a HS or IR up thier keister would rock. Imagine the multiplayer games... Jebus!
Ok, second question. Will the fighter guns be replacable, or will they be mounted and non-removable? (I hope the latter)
Edit- [uncle]One more thing.[/uncle] Are the tertiary weapons going to be implimented? Mounting dual stormfires in place of rocket pods would be neat. :D

Many questions, let me see. :)

1) Glad you like it :D

2) Yep, fighter-shields are more or less a bubble-shape.

3) The main weapons will not be replace-able, cause we wanted that
according to the canon, and there you are limited to the standard weapons.
Missiles of course can be change to the different taste.

4) As for tertiary weapons I think there is some work going on in the
SourceCode-Stuff, but I'm not sure, how it works out, and if we
will adept these.

I am working on putting autonav support into the freespace 2 engine -- right now we're in a code freeze for SCP 3.6 release so I cannot add major features (infact I requested the code freeze a long time ago - we're very behind schedule on the 3.6 release) -- I can make trivial feature changes

I made some trivial changes so that primative waypoint will work - I was making an example missing earlier but fred2 locked up on me and I got pissed and set it aside for a while :p

anyway I will be remaking that mission to show the team how to do primative nav points -- after 3.6 is released I will be doing as full of nav points as i can given the engine (that's almost complete navpoints - the only thing that will be missing in the animations - you will be flying in the game normally - but you can adjust your time compression [all the way to 64x] but engaging autonav will set the compression to 16 or 32 x and then exiting autonav will return it to normal (but at all times you'll be able to play with the time compression]

------------------------------

If time allows I will also be making a "Base Package" smiliar to my TBP-Base - which is the fs2 executable and as few of the origional Volition-made files as possible (most of that will be interface art)

Cool. Should be nice to play around with. Also, I think mission designers could probably build dialogue and such around the nav points to make the whole thing more interesting.

from a technical spandpoint they are perfectly capable of making dialog and events based upon you reaching a nav point.

also they will be able to set a AI-only waypoint and direct the carrier fleet to move while you're out on the mission, etc

I was talking about a practical standpoint. I actually know a little bit about FRED, though I'm nowhere near good to code a reasonable mission.

Sorry, no offense to Psych, but that description of his writing just doesn't seem to suit his personality. I may be reading it all wrong, but it just doesn't feel right.

Besides, how are you going to get a politically correct combat sim? That's a definite oxymoron. :)

Moonsword said:
Sorry, no offense to Psych, but that description of his writing just doesn't seem to suit his personality. I may be reading it all wrong, but it just doesn't feel right.

Besides, how are you going to get a politically correct combat sim? That's a definite oxymoron. :)

It's called sarcasm, my friend :)

Back