WCU expanded universe thingy.

http://www.spiritplumber.com/priv_remake/privR.zip

This is a first draft for an autogen system that makes SOME sense if you're used to priv world :) hope it helps. I'd like someone to fool around with it and tell me what they like/dislike... i mostly concentrated on getting the kilrathi stuff right. You can land on kitty bases but not do much other than refuel there, kitty planets are another story. I need some screencaps of kilrathis from somewhere so i can make bars and stuff ^^;

I don't want to dump the extra planet types because, well, they're pretty -- let's just say that for whatever reason Gemini hasn't got a lot of mining-oriented planets but has a lot of asteroids to make up for it hence all the mining bases?

also some minor cleanups... pirate draymen have a skull and wings painted on for one. Yay Blue Rogues! XD Some ships look more/less rusty depending on who owns them, and turrets look almost right now (even added a kilrathi specific texture).

Some stuff taken from vegastrike, mostly base models to break the monotony.

Bases are ALL destroyable, it just takes a decent time - this WILL break the plot if you blow up stuff you aren't supposed to. Of course good luck trying to blow up Perry :p with enough wingmen you can pummel kilrathi outposts into submission though.

If you want to be a total munchkin fly the steltek fighter and pretend you are on the LEXX. (I love that show, it has a really hot girl and an infinitely hot guy in it, and it's zany as all hell!). Just try it, dare ya :p you can blow up ANYTHING in that...

Also, ships that are supposed to carry fighters and use them against you now do so properly. This makes sure that for example a Kamekh has a flight complement regardless of what the autogen says. Don't insult the comm lady at Perry Naval too much...

Since I don't have any ship models (would LOVE to though! where can I borrow them?) I tried to do some stuff with different textures and different subunit arrangements, see the kilrathi carrier vs. the confed carrier, or the militia corvette vs. a hunter corvette (which I would like to make buyable instead of the paradigm for when even a drayman is too small, in normal gameplay paradigm = WAY too much unless you're going after Kilrah itself). Eventually the corvette should maybe go to the border worlds and the militia, it's basically a smaller dirtier paradigm (doesnt use the paradigm model tho).

I'm going to try to make at least one border world fighter out of bits and pieces of other fighters, flying it is going to be seriously weird tho..... oh well. I do have half a plan (cascade subunits and make the last two a real turret). Maybe a Vindicator would do it... aka a demon with wings and a turret bolted on and a different texture. That's probably how BW mechanics developed it, from what you can tell in WC4.

I did a decent amount of testing as far as cargo responsiveness for all the planet types and so on. I would like to know if there's stuff that is still amiss. Please tell me :)

NOTE: You may have to start from scratch savegame wise... just give yourself a ton of cash i guess ^^; sorry about that...

I hope some of this stuff is helping... the reason why I changed the file name is that I'm really done with the enhancement patch for priv, this is more of a preliminary WCU effort at this point. If I have any extra cleaning up to do for the patch also tell me, don't think so though.

Cool :) there's actually a huge bunch of models located in the privateer subversion tree... I can zip 'em up for you if you like

also there's a huge bunch of models at sf.net/projects/wcuniverse
speaking of which--why don't you register an account at sourceforge.net/ and I'll add you as a devleoper on the wcuniverse.sourceforge.net/ official wcuniverse project :)
the website is getting an overhaul soon too I hear

miaow.

i'm not worthy! i'm not worthy! *wayne campbell voice*

thanks ^-^ i'll think about it see if I can... other than that... uhm, meow.

I reckon that priv happens when wc3 is starting, but there's mostly wc2-era tech around gemini... right? one concern i have is that wc3 models are a LOT more angular than 3d renditions of the ships in priv or wc2 (which were sprites I guess, they look like sprites anyway)

well we'd prefer to actually start with WC1 ships...
the tarsus is old anyway--
we kinda want to move forward in the timeline...add new ships, new tech as we go... but start from the basics

eventually we want to get to the point of having
wc1,wc2,priv,
then finally
armada
and finally wc3 and wc4
then prophecy

meow, makes sense. plus i'm reasonably sure that someone would still use them (militia for systems further inland maybe.... we're going to need 1 militia faction per sector if that's the case)

Sounds cool. I like the idea about the corvettes, but don't take away the Paradigm completely, just make it cost a fortune :) Going after Kilrah is a good idea.....

I found a thing that should be changed (if possible)
I's strange that after about 4-5 Fights in the Troy-system ther is nothing left to by. Just landed on Helen and all I could do was SELL the only 3 Gems I could by on BOTH Asteroid bases.
Ther are just to many Galaxys and Orions in that system (at least 4 G + 2 O).
At te beginning of the game at easyest level this is far to much cometition (right word?).

Next Piont is the filghtdynamic.
In another game I was hunting Retros with my demon, when my aufterburnerspeed just dropped to under SET!
I already set shilds to 2/3 so the engine should have more than enought power to keap 1000.

And I recogniced that thing that was mentioned a dew days ago.
A Talon headed dirctly for me, and changed his flightdirction WITHOUT changing his pointdirection.
Than go straight up, still pointing and firing at me (also with a frequence that should request al leat a level 5 Reactor).

I'd say that's not OK!

Well, the thing with tradingbussines happend AFTER I installed that PrivR-patch.
thats why I did post it here.

but OK.
sorry

I understand. This is the perfect place to post about the trading thing. But the part about the Talons and their direction has nothing to do with the patch, and has been reported many many times already and has basically nothing to do with spiritplumber (though she is welcome to try to track it down).

Update update update!

http://www.spiritplumber.com/priv_remake/privR.zip as usual, semi-beta I guess because most things appear to work.

What's new:

Slightly smaller file, incredibly (8.5m)

Usual minor tweaks here and there.

All the priv enhancement patch stuff that was there before (buyable ships, dock screens, fighter cargo holds, you name it)

Plot can be completed in ALL buyable ships now except for the utility pod, might need to buy a cargo expansion for some. If you try to actually fly the pod for long you are insane and shouln't be entrusted with priceless alien relics anyway. :)

Sabre fighter for confederation.

Shoklar and Asteroid Fighter for kilrathi.

Military version of the Drayman used by confed.

Autogen very heavily tweaked, looks almost perfect -- autogen systems will look like Priv systems, except of course for having a star in the middle. I think that it should be there in original Priv systems in the first place ;) NOTE: Some systems, including the one you start in, have WAY TOO MANY PLANETS DEFINED, which looks stupid. I didn't touch it because I guess someone went thru the trouble of putting them in.

Bases are autogen'd correctly, including asteroids/mining bases and asteroids/hangar combos.

Impossible to get stuck in a system due to exhaustion jump fuel unless you do it on purpose -- of course you may have to fight a bit to be able to snag the fuel.

Planets work correctly; you cannot land on unlandable planets (it parks you in orbit instead) and Rocky and Arid planets work correctly (mostly same trade needs as mining bases and base screen to match)

Sample save game included, have fun :)

Usual minor tweaks.

Now someone needs to do the systems we see in WC1234P as they were in the games...

Idea on things to do in the future (most of this has to do with models and I can't do any of it until I learn wings well):

*Right now most systems are owned by confed or kilrathi which makes sense in theory but not in practice; systems "owned" by either army should be strategic points or places at the frontline, everything else should be insys/militia/civilian*

*Borderworlds need their own militia/insys of some sort. Kilrathi can stay monolithic, if we are saying "any human getting in our territory will get spankified", which actually makes sense.*

*Make it VERY hard to reach terra/kilrah if you are hostile to that faction -- put a couple of carriers at choke points.*

*Extra ships*

*Either remove stars from systems or put stars in priv systems (I suggest the latter if it's done non-invasively)

*Maybe add a couple of faction specific weapons, confed has tachyon guns and kilrathi has ******** ******, BW could have stormfire guns, they are mentioned as being "old technology, but it works!" in WC4... retros get nothing of course... pirates could have better tractor beams perhaps?*

*Who are these Landreich people? I don't remember them in the games ^^; sowwies... Did they move all the Germans in the universe in one place? Do they have really good heavy metal? Can I go? Seriously, they'll need ships and stuff too.*

meow, just trying to help ^^;;;;

http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=NRELG8N&key=MDF << since someone asked for a photo... toldya i'm fugly :p

naw don't say that--you look absolutely fantastic in that pic :)

Very glad to have you with us, specially with your elite modding skillz !

As for the landreich, they were in the novels.
When you say eliminated places you couldn't reach with jumps--- you didn't raise the limit on 6 jumps, did you?

priv systems do have stars...you can even target them with the nav map if you're clever and careful (spin universe on its side)

thankyou! =^_^=

Thanks for the heads up on the stars, never really bothered to check... now to make them not show in the autogen nav map ^-^

never read any of the novels...

about jump points: at least in gemini i just put around a couple of extra heavily armed pirate draymen you can dock with. Go to Beta and look (supposed to be pirates there anyway)

Back