WCSAGA Multiplayer

PANI

Spaceman
hi everyone...

first, very impressive!! great job!!

second... isn't there any multiplayer in the proloque? simple deathmatch?

i've had an idea for multiplayer, if it's possible to make... two battlegroups - the player can join any side, any ship (fighter, bomber) so, battle is finished, when the opposing carrier ist blow'n away...

on the other hand, which plan's does the saga team have for multiplayer?

regards!!

for the time being multiplayer mode has been disabled for two reasons

1. multiplayer code will get a complete overhaul during the next 2-3 months
2. interface screens for mp are not finished yet.

We will add mp functionality as soon as possible. No date can be announced at this point though.

I think it would be cool to have some sort of hanger race. Where players with light fighters go full afterburn through several differently positioned ships until one wins a certain amount of laps or something of that sort.

I think it would be cool to have some sort of hanger race. Where players with light fighters go full afterburn through several differently positioned ships until one wins a certain amount of laps or something of that sort.

That sounds like fun for people who like to afterburn when they launch :)

Deathmatch and Coop shouldn't be a big problem. Taking some time to do but possible for sure.
The raceing stuff...well I think it could be made more or less but I am not sure how to do it. Their isn't a timerecord counter IIRC or other things you would need for a race. Still making a flying path where you have to fly through different carriers isn't a problem. Don't know about a way to stop people from cheating thought as it wasn't meant to be racing game ^_^

Most likely Starman can answere these questions bettern then me since he is our main FREDer.

Back