WCS: Homeworld 2 Badges

I've a little problem... I took a jpeg, shrunk it down to 64x64 pixels, left it at 24 bit (other badges work on 24, and relic says all badges can work on 24.. as long as theyre at least 24) I didn't use any alpha channels or what not, simply because i havent the slightest idea how to apply them.. So i put my 64x64 24bit image into the badge directory, go into the game, and the game crashes whenever i click on the 'select badge' button.

I've followed every parameter needed.. what gives?

id appreciate any help that can be offered..

P.S. the image is the jade falcon emblem.. figured that would pique interest, due to the ghost bear and wolf badges..

-Douglas..

sorry to post again, but I'm using PSP 8... Im not sure how much i like it.. kinda sucks how you have to relearn the interface..

-douglas..

how do you....

can some one tell me here why when i put badges on it crashes and thier 64 by 64 and in the TGA file??? ;(

don't know why your badges crashes, but maybe it the missing Alpha-channel, but it worked for me also without.

i've had similar problems, reason i never posted my Confed logo cause i never got it to work...

as for alpha channels, you dont have to have alpha channels...
all the alpha does is make it transparent... as seen by lars's Kilrathi logo it doesn't have a alpha channel

Alpha Channels in PSP7

First off I would liek to say thank you to everybody in this forum! I just started looking for thinkgs on HW2 badges and thanks to your help I have found out how to do them.

Files must be 64x64 pixels, 24 or 32 bits, and in uncompressed format. for those using PSP (sorry I gave up using PS) click that options button when you save as, and save as .tga file type.

If you have problems getting that alpha to work to make parts invisible, save your work, then flatten the image, create a new mask, (use the overview window, it helps ALOT!) then under the menu Masks, click save to alpha. (Otherwise you get a completely clear badge.)

Hope this helps...

Mr. Squishy

----------------------------------------
We are Microsoft of Borg. You will be assimilated. Stability is irrelevant.
Where _you_ want to go to today is irrelevant. We will add your currency to
our own. Bend over right now. Resistance is futile.
"stolen tag line from comp.sys.mac"

in response to frodo's question:

i had the same problem with PSP8 but figured out that PSP8

in response to frodo's question:

i had the same problem with PSP8 but figured out that PSP8 automatically saves the file as compressed.
if u go in 2 options and select uncompressed, it should work,
it did for me.

Man im confused

look could some 1 tell me how 2 do all this TGA stuff and all this other crap becuase its messing with my head so if any 1 can give me a step by step or tell me where i can go and read 1 that would be great

thx u in advance TURBO_SHIT

As for a good image manipulation program (IMHO) have a look at The Gimp. It's a UNIX-program in fact, but feel free to use the windows port (if you don't happen to have Linux or a *BSD available).

http://gimp.org/devel_ver.html (**ix, marked devel but has a lot more features than stable)

http://www2.arnes.si/~sopjsimo/gimp/unstable.html (Windows, devel. Note that you'll need GTK AND Gimp packages. Installation should be pretty straightforward)

Regards,

Simon

Hate to break this to ya, but Confederation Legacy is dead and Starsaint no longer stops by here.

Darwin's Law and all . . .

Back