WCS:CL Mod Updates (UPDATED 11-20-03)

StarSaint

Rear Admiral
Wcs:cl Mod Update 11-17-03

well good news and bad news

the good news is, i'm making headway with the mod tools, already have the confed race ingame

Races can be added to game, new weapons, new ships etc can be added
matter a fact according to documentation it would seem they prefer u ADD a race rather than replacing :D so much better

i've gotten a little headway with adding the Venture ingame.

bad news, :eek: i thought HW1 was complex, OH MY GOD this is the deep end of the ocean, easier to understand, yet deeper and more complex

i'm just glad i took C++ in high school, cause there are relations between SCAR and C++(same thing just SCAR is Relics programming in C++, i think)

excellent news, dont have to replace race(already known)

ADD ships which means we do not have to follow the ship class's of the originals

i.e.
short hand list just done up

Mothership class
Superbase - Mothership

Fighter Class
Scout/Light Fighter - Arrow
Medium Fighter - Hellcat
Heavy Fighter - Thunderbolt
Heavy/Space Superiority Fighter - Excalibur
Bomber - Longbow

Corvette Class
Venture Class MK II (to have a corvette) - Final Status Undecided

Frigate Class
Caernaven

WARSHIPS
Destroyer/TCS Sheffield
Tallahassee Class Cruiser
Ranger Class Carrier
Behemoth Super Weapon

Platform
UNDECIDED

Utility
Transport/Mobile Refinery

this is what i've tinkered with so far...

I'm pretty sure fu****** isn't a word.

Words don't have apostrophes in them, unless they're M*A*S*H.

good to hear people are on the liberal side of using custom ships

i actually have some custom designs(mostly corvettes and cruisers) that i was thinking of adding since most of what ya see of confed are carriers

StarSaint said:
good to hear people are on the liberal side of using custom ships

i actually have some custom designs(mostly corvettes and cruisers) that i was thinking of adding since most of what ya see of confed are carriers

custom ships should correspond with the existing designs. In fact, we are working on some secret projects iformation on which I am not willingly to share
:mad:

@ Starsaint: Send me a post with them.
@ Tolwyn: No need for that at the moment, btw I think StarSaint is refering to something else..or is there something you didn't told me?
@ Starsaint...again... :
I'm starting to not like you.
What a luck for you..he is not going to have you for dinner ^_^

( ^_^ = sarkasm...joke..something like that; don't take it serious )

gevatter Lars said:
What a luck for you..he is not going to have you for dinner ^_^

( ^_^ = sarkasm...joke..something like that; don't take it serious )

Yeah, don't take him seriously... Psych *will* probably eat you for dinner

Bob McDob said:
What about my ship :(

Well I surely also like to see your/every model...cause I like to see how other people work and so get more knowledge to improve myself ^_^

The movie concordia could be a fun to see in HW2, cause it is quite close to the original HW2 ships.
It could need some more details ( does anyone knows the max polylimit for HW2?) so that we/you could further improve the model.
We/I could also need some more screenshots of the ship...or better someone could dig up the concept drawings for it.
With that material it should be possible to make a real good looking model for HW2 or even WC Saga...the model would be used for pre-WC1 ships...so no interferance with the timeline. Also from the look and discriptions in the books the movie Concordia fits quite good to this timeline.
( When I watch the movie I always think "Thats pre-WC1 and by not listening to the names of people and ships you realy get the feeling discribet in the novels that are talking about pre-WC1 ships)

LOL Psych get this clear, your opinion matters about as much as old penny to me.

as for custom ships keeping them true to the lineage is top priority.
to McDob i'm interested in your ship, but i'm not sure if WC:Movie ships will be used, obviously cause the Rapier and Tiger's Claw were insults to the original ships.

but as for custom ships these are the only custom ships i have in mind so far
Venture class MK II corvette
Vulture class Frigate
Cortez Class Light Cruiser
Garrison Class Battlecruiser

StarSaint said:
LOL Psych get this clear, your opinion matters about as much as old penny to me.

Which is why I don't want to be associated with your Homeworld project. Trust me on this when I say that getting my help is rather invaluable (considering the new canon ships, storyline, music, sound fx, and whatnot that has been implemented to the FS2 project, I'd doubt if they would be if I hadn't been around). I look forward to kicking you in the teeth when/if you ask for my assistance in the future.

StarSaint said:

as for custom ships keeping them true to the lineage is top priority.
to McDob i'm interested in your ship, but i'm not sure if WC:Movie ships will be used, obviously cause the Rapier and Tiger's Claw were insults to the original ships.

but as for custom ships these are the only custom ships i have in mind so far
Venture class MK II corvette
Vulture class Frigate
Cortez Class Light Cruiser
Garrison Class Battlecruiser

So ... you're making up new ships because the existing ones are an insult to themselvers? :\

Sweet, Ghost pays attention too. He's the shit.

You see Starstain, I'm different from newbiecummanderondablock in that while he's just a dumbshit teenager, I'm one of the very very old school WC fans around and probaly got the most WC fan experience besides the CIC staff members around here on the CZ. And another is that I actually back my thoughts up and I get shit done, maybe you should talk to Tolwyn about what I did.

I really don't mind being underestimated at all, it gives me an element of surprise when I blow you out of the water

Hehe... I don't even know how to respond to a post that professes to worry about preserving some sort of consistancy with established Wing Commander ships, and then goes on to advocate not preserving exactly the same thing.

Back