WCPEdia: News Update

Dundradal

Frog Blast the Vent Core!
Current Events from the WCPedia Main Page.

WCPedia said:
Currently (2-8-10), Wing Commander Missions are 95% completed. I am concentrating on mission entries. Aeronautico is working on ship entries while Wedge has been recently editing existing entries. We are always looking for more people to help. If you wish to contribute to the project, sign up for an account and ask what you can do to help. I'm looking for people to people to help with Ultimate Strategy Text and entering WC1 script text. In the future I will also be looking for wingnuts to help with other games scripts.
We have also implemented a new ship infobox which has an increased selection of variables for more widespread use with fighters, capships and space stations. Ship articles are being updated and we are looking for people to help update existing pages.
Dundradal 8 February 2010

WCPedia statistics said:
There are 2,234 total pages in the database. This includes "talk" pages, pages about Wing Commander Encyclopedia, minimal "stub" pages, redirects, and others that probably do not qualify as content pages. Excluding those, there are 1,035 pages that are probably legitimate content pages.
637 files have been uploaded.
There have been a total of 1,030,590 page views, and 7,058 page edits since Wing Commander Encyclopedia was setup. That comes to 3.16 average edits per page, and 146.02 views per edit.

Most viewed pages

Main Page (27,409)
Category:Ships (10,383)
Category:Characters (8,163)
TCS Tiger's Claw (8,142)
2654 (8,113)
Category:Fighters (6,427)
Category:Capital Ships (5,762)
Christopher Blair (5,483)
Category:Terran Capital Ships (5,392)
Category:Stellar Cartography (4,234)

Last edited by a moderator:
A little over a month later and WCPedia has seen a huge amount of work done!

Wedge has recently begun reviewing articles and polish them up as needed.

Aeronautico has been adding a few ships along with a few more places in Stellar Cartography.

I've been busy at work on WC1 Missions (almost done now!) and USG text. I recently completely reorganized the Ships category to make it more understandable and not such a mish-mash of random categories.

As always, we are looking for additional help, Confed needs you!

Back