WCPedia: IRC Meeting #3

Dundradal

Frog Blast the Vent Core!
January 25, 2pm EST, #wingnut

BE THERE!

Agenda

Status reports - What we've accomplished this week from our core contributors.

Help Pages - Some of the templates are done, but we need to also create a quickstart article that outlines the basics for article creation (like how to create a new one!) This should continue to be our main priority beyond article creation.

Schedule Deadlines - We need to motivate ourselves more for this project. Even doing one small thing a week is better than doing nothing at all. We should create a list of deadlines for certain areas. I propose that the Help section be completed within two weeks. With the information from this section complete we can more easily get new users into article creation and editing.

Image List - We have people willing to grab the necessary screenshots for WC1 articles. Let's get them working this week, even if we won't need them for some time to come, at least they will be ready.

Anything else please add to the thread.

Looks like a good agenda, I'll add something later if anything comes to mind... I'll try to PM any of my relevant info to you before the meeting, Dund, since 2PM conflicts with me personally. Can we post the complete log from this one as well? The outlines we list afterwards are excellent, but I have OCD for seeing the exact transcript now, having been to the first two....

Ok, I'm sure we can work something out. I know I will also be pressed for time as I am going out to dinner for my roommate's birthday, I'm just unsure at what time we are leaving.

EDIT: I've also moved the article templates into the Templates category so that we won't have multiple categories covering the same topics.

Pete also started some basic work on the help page...which was well, not helpful before. :p

Thanks!

We've actually had a good week of recruiting new contributors and showing them the ropes.

Always feel free to swing by #wingnut as I'm there most evenings and am more than willing to give a quick introduction to wiki, although I'm far from our resident expert.

Could people who are going to attend please post to this thread as well, even if it's a simple "I'll be there."

It's always a good idea to have a rough estimate of how many faces will be around.

Unfortunately the time didn't work out for many people.

We won't be having a meeting this week since it's going to be Superbowl Sunday and many people will be watching the game (or commercials). Unless people think Saturday would work better.

I'd really like to get the same numbers we had for the first conference. We had a lot of people show up, but haven't really followed through. This isn't a project that 4 or 5 of us can do alone. We need your help. We've started to create templates and a help section to help people start creating and editing content. Please don't let our efforts be in vain.

I'm proposing the next meeting to be our biggest yet. We can talk about what we've worked on and also start assigning people work. If you've always wanted to contribute to the community but have had no idea how, now is the time. We'll put you to work on something that will be beneficial for the community and for the future of Wing Commander.

Back