WCPedia: IRC Conference After Action Report

You should remember that many of the resources you need are already at your fingertips. The CIC hosts many of the manuals locally. It's just a matter of finding it and then plugging it in.

Just because you don't have access to one particular source doesn't mean you can't still add to an article.

The article for the Javelin HS for example is missing plenty of images, as well as some text.

Again look at the sources listed and then quickly browse and the CIC for the information. It's easy to plug in.

True that. I'll probably be working in a source-to-source manner moreso than a article-to-article method, personally. Thoughts from one page in S*S for example quickly lead to something else I want to add from S*S.... my attention span is awful. I'm actually supposed to be reading for philosophy but about a half paragraph in I got distracted, and then after finishing the whole thing I came here.

I appreciate your efforts on S*S, but the thing is you are starting at the end instead of the beginning. Perhaps you might want to start on layouts for some of the WC1 missions which you can extract from the CIC's own Game Guides. Now you won't be able to fill out everything like the example page but you will certainly be able to at least start the layout for someone else to start filling in the other information from the game and printed guides.

I think it would be better if we all sort of stayed in the same general era/area so that we aren't all over the place.

EDIT: If you want you can drop by #wingnut, as I'm in front of the comp at the moment.

EDIT AGAIN: Looking at the Paktahn entry it's confusing because the information is all from S*S, which will certainly cause some odd looks from users.

I've also toyed with the Hornet entry a bit. Increased the size of the 5 shot image, moved the line drawing up as well and added a bit of info from FC.

Last edited by a moderator:
I created a "Missions" category for our sample page. I subdivided it first into "Wing Commander Missions" which can be followed at later dates by "Wing Commander II Missions" etc.

Ok somebody want to take a peek the edits and see if everything clicks.

Let's keep this moving!

I appreciate your efforts on S*S, but the thing is you are starting at the end instead of the beginning.

Nah, part of the S*S bit involved fixing the KF-100 Dralthi issues, so in a way I got work done further back in the continuity then any of the WC1 people..... ;)

At any rate, I'll divert some of my work towards the missions, then. Most all the information about the fighters from S*S is in the guide now, or at least most of the important bits- there may be a few trivia details I left out, but I'll add those in at a later date. Hmm, gallery pictures for some, as well... ah, well.

EDIT: Also, occasionally you see things that just HAVE to be wrong, like a fighter with 8/8/8 dps y/p/r.... shouldn't that be more like 80? I can see those stats for cap ships, but what we've got going here just does NOT make sense for the craft being discussed... can't remember specific examples, but you get the drift.

EDIT 2: Did LOAF put up the WC1 script yet? I could get an awful lot done if that were around, between that, the CIC game guide, and another FAQ I know that has things like victory points.

How about our other WCPediers? These articles still need some work...and remember we have a meeting this Sunday. Hopefully everybody has some progress to report.

Back