WCP Wingmen

Curly

Spaceman
Everytime I start a new game of WCP, the wingman Goblin is always second in kills on the kill board (behind me), even beating Hawk, Maniac etc. Is he one of the main chars or just a really good wingman?
Also, who is the blond guy who was Hawk's friend, Spyder?
Lastly, who are your favorite wingmen from WCP? Mine would have to be Caveman, Wyvern and Rogue, they have the best comments.

My favorite pilot is Roulette.

I think it generates random numbers for some of the wingman, but Hawk or Maniac should be up there.

Spyder is one of the few pilots from the Midway that you fly with in Secret Ops.

------------------
Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

I think it's safe to say that Spyder was Hawk's friend on the Midway. I still can't work out who Amazon is - I reckon she's just another pilot to even up the male/female ratio in SO. There's another pilot who shares Amazon's comms, and Amazon isn't even invincible ie. she can be KIA.

I like Roulette's comms too, great accent. Sorta reminds me of Angel.

Hmmm... explain. Is there a cutscene about his death or do they just stick a "KIA" message near his name on the kill board?

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

KIA... He doesn't get killed to often though. Actually, I think that the only time I had him die was on the mission where you fly in the Vamps and try to weaken the dreadnought. If you leave Spyder and the two other pilots to defend themselves they'll get killed after a while.

I don't know the name of Hawk's friend... the voice between him and Spyder is very different... although that doesn't discount the speculation at all.

If you can, see if you can get a glance at his name... I don't think you can ever fly with him, but he must be a pilot that's not marked as "killable" because if he died, he wouldn't give you Hawk's knife! If he was, it would be another sign of EA's pollution into the once wholesome, gameplayer concerned, soul driven Wing Commander universe.

------------------

§

As an addendum, my favorite wingman are Roullette and Sunflower... at least I think that's what her name is... she says "I'm scorched, but you should see them!"... I also think that I saw "Sunflower" as a GUY's handle in that game...

------------------

§

Saturnyne said:
I don't know the name of Hawk's friend... the voice between him and Spyder is very different... although that doesn't discount the speculation at all.
The guy we see hanging with Hawk, and who later gives Casey Hawk's knife is most definetly Spyder.

If you can, see if you can get a glance at his name... I don't think you can ever fly with him, but he must be a pilot that's not marked as "killable" because if he died, he wouldn't give you Hawk's knife!
That's why he can't die untill that scene.
smile.gif
But after that he's vurlanble like most other pilots.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't even know Spyder had any speaking lines until a while after I had first played Prophecy. I had always screwed up on the mission where you have to defend the SWACS and got Maniac yelling at me in the ready room instead.

------------------

Yeah, can't beat Roullette! I personally think mild English or Irish accents are more attractive in women, but I'll make an exception this once!

"would YOU like to take a spin whit roullette?"

yeah she has some nice line, but i hate french so she's not my fav...

------------------
When I'm in the air...
I'm indestructible.
No one can stop me...
But they try.
twist·er (twstr)
n.

1. One that twists, as in the manufacture of rope or yarn.
2. Sports. A ball thrown or batted with a twist.
3. Informal.
A. A cyclone.
B. A tornado.
4. Confed pilot, hero of the kilrathi war, renowned fleet admiral.

It's been ages (over a year now) since I last played Prophecy so I don't know the names anymore but my two favs were that raspy voiced guy who said "I love it when bugs go crunch" and that "Yowza!" guy.

------------------
The time is near.
There are still quite a few days remaining.

Hail to the king, baby.
-Ash, housewares

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

Curly said:
"Oh Ya, These Big-Ass Bugs Make Some Very Good Gumbo" - Wyvern <--- Best line

Yep! Wyvern (at last I know his name) has the best line.

I still can`t understand why they never gave Casey a decent taunt. Anything would be better than a stupid "DIE!!"

Hmm... Yes, that's pretty good, but I wonder why he'd sing a song that's 600 years old?

------------------

Back