WCP Trial

Mancubus

Rear Admiral
I just found something interesting while trying to put some order to my CD:

A disc from an old gaming magazine that includede an original Prophecy playable demo!.

It consist of three mission that was not included in full version of the game, and there are also few slight graphic details that are different from what we saw in the final prophecy

if anyone is interested (and it's legal, although i dont think it's not, as this was freeware trial) i'll be more than gald to share it with the community :cool:

I saved the PC Gamer disc that had the WCP demo on it. It's got a Panther flying across the front of the disc.

well, mine is from th polish gaming magazine and it dosen't have that nice disc:mad:
the funny thing is that you fly Tigershark in the demo:)

but the question is: should i upload it? and how can i do this?

Hello! Thank you for the offer -- it was very nice of you to think about us, and it's exactly what makes this community great! We actually have the demo in our downloads section already -- you can find it here: https://www.wcnews.com/files.shtml#wcp

Last edited by a moderator:
Mancubus said:
A disc from an old gaming magazine that includede an original Prophecy playable demo!

I'd hold onto that; its a nice little peice of WC history you have there. Keep it safe!

There are also four missions in that demo IIRC.. there's a separate losing path mission. It might not seem much but it's great to know there's more Wing Commander you haven't seen yet.

Lt.Death100 said:
Great find there! We would appreciate it alot if you could upload it.

I love you're enthusiasm Lt. Death but sometimes you just need to slow down a little:
Bandit LOAF said:
Hello! Thank you for the offer -- it was very nice of you to think about us, and it's exactly what makes this community great! We actually have the demo in our downloads section already -- you can find it here: https://www.wcnews.com/files.shtml#wcp

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

my, 3DFX only, Demo is on the German 'PC Player 1/98' Magazine. Also this Version (+ the Readme) is available in the Filessection!:)

Btw:On this disk is also a full version of 'Monkey Island 2' :)

Back