WCP, some small problems...

DragonRider

Spaceman
I re-installed WCP to play it again and one thing that I noticed was when in-flight, the white navigation cross is gone, including the crosshairs for alternative weapons such as stormfire......uhh is this normal on acc. video cards? I tried software mode and the white nav. cross and alternative crosshairs seems to show up just fine.

The energy weapon crosshair seems to be normal in both modes

Bad texel alignment? They need to be aligned to the Upper Left Corner, or a value of 7, if you use D3D. I don't use 3DFX, so I don't know how that works.

I got the white cross to appear, but the gun cross-hair is still missing. Also I downloaded a lens flares patch from Origin's tech support but the lens flares gives off crossed-lines...any ideas?

I also wanted to play wc: prophecy again, but my problem is with the movies, they keep skipping. It jumps forward in small skips. I don't know why its doing this. I need help!

I think you need to open your control panel, then click on systems. Go to performance and check your file systems then look for Cd-rom. reduce your cd optimization to no read ahead. I think thats a possible solution but just try it, I wouldnt know.

Which sound card do you have?
If the movie skipping try disable "Sound Hardware Accellation".
Control Panel>Multimedia>Advance botton>Properties
Also do a find file for "DXDiag" and disable it here too. Remember to re-enable it for other games.

[Edited by Johnl12 on 07-12-2001 at 00:01]

I like I said do a find file. The Start button>Find>Files or Folders and look for this file "DXDiag". Microsoft's DirectX version 6.1 and higher uses "DXDiag" as its interface to manage DirectX. For the past 1 1/2 years all games and most multimedia programs which have been release require DirectX version 7 (version 5 or older was known as D3D).

Just in the past 3 months games requiring DirectX 8 have been release - The Moon Project and Star Trek DS9: Dominion Wars to name two.

Note: If you are using a SBLive card with LiveWire do not install DirectX 8 if you wish to play WCP. There are compatibility issues between LiveWire and DirectX 8, which will prevent you from playing WCP. SBLive users are waiting for LW4 to be release that we hope will fix these issues.

[Edited by Johnl12 on 07-12-2001 at 03:35]

Back