WCP is f*ciking up....

LOA--Deadman

Spaceman
First off I know the game works on this computer because I played it before (yes and under Win ME)
But for some reason when I reinstalled it after doing a HD cleanup I get the error message:

Iff::eek:pen read 0 of 70976 in audio\soundfx\00000185.iff

I tried turning off direct sound but still the same. The game works fine, I can watch the opening movies and all then just before I have to enter my callsign I crash to desktop and that message apears.

Well, it is a rather unusual problem. You might want to try uninstalling it, and reinstalling it using the minimum option.

Tried that dude. I even looked through all of the old posts before posting. As you said, it's an unusual problem and there isn't anything like it in the old posts.
The sound when the movies are playing is fine. It isn't scratchy and it doesn't skip at all. I've sat through and watched the intro 3 times and there is nothing wrong at all. It just crashes and I get that error.
I played the game about 2 weeks ago but after "cleaning" my system it won't work. I just played SO through and I had no problems at all (did it in 4 hours on nightmare:)). I have tried both uninstalling the games files and simply deleting them manually. I have installed the game using large, med, and min install to no aval. I have even tried threatening my computer with a gun. Still nothing. Maybe if I shoot it in the floppy drive as a warning it'll take me seariosly.....

Back