WCP hi-res patch problem

StarFire_MK2

Spaceman
Hailz all.
I've searched this forum, but found no similar threads, so here goes.
I'm using WinXP Pro. The hi-res patch will not install on my system. Everytime I run it (I've tried all Compatibility modes) it tells me the application has encountered a problem and needs to close. I've tried both d3d and Glide--Glide won't run at all (it says I need a glide.dll), so I'm stuck with using d3d. Has anyone encountered any similar problems? The video-skip patch installed perfectly.
I created a patch folder in my WCP root folder, and put the data.tre, gf.tre, gf2.tre and gf3.tre files in it--that's all I need, correct?

Shouldn't all the files go in the root WCP folder instead? You also can't independently install the hi res patch and the video skip patch. The base video skip patch is not compatible with the high resolution patch. You need to install the version designed to work with the high res patch. HCl's site http://www.wcrevival.de/hcl/

ChrisReid said:
Shouldn't all the files go in the root WCP folder instead?
Since there's no documentation with the patch, I'm not sure. I've got all the aformentioned files in both the root folder, and in the patch folder the installer alludes to.

ChrisReid said:
You also can't independently install the hi res patch and the video skip patch. The base video skip patch is not compatible with the high resolution patch. You need to install the version designed to work with the high res patch. HCl's site http://www.wcrevival.de/hcl/

Yes, I made sure to do that as well. In fact, the error occurred before I even learned about the video patch and installed it.

I found out HCI made an earlier version of his patch than the one I initially grabbed. I installed it, and the hi-res patch runs fine now! Sorry to bother ya.

It's better that you came and told everyone the solution than if you never made the thread at all. Now other people can search the forum and go straight to the fix.

Back