WCP Engine Tweaks

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
This is just for an interesting bit of info.. Here's our compiled list of tweaks people sent in.

Capship explosions
Cloaking
Higher resolutions
Force Feedback Joystick routines
Capship combat/Ability to damage capships with normal guns
Better lighting (lights on fighters/capships, brightness in Secret Ops)
Collision damage (asteroid/other ships)
Multiplayer
Tractor beam
Jumping
Ground missions
Humanistic AI (get distracted/follow taunts)
Capship explosion shockwaves that do damage
Decrease friendly fire
Persistent ship debris that stick around after its destruction
"Nuke" type weapons with a blast radius like WC2/4
Beam Weapons
More dense asteroid/debris fields
Make sure synchronized guns have correct refire rate

*Originally posted by ChrisReid:
This is just for an interesting bit of info.. Here's our compiled list of tweaks people sent in.*

*Capship explosions*

Hm, I'd like to see that.
smile.gif

*Higher resolutions*

When I get a new monitor that could be usefull.

*Capship combat/Ability to damage capships with normal guns*

I'd just like to change it so you don't have to target the bridge and engine to destroy a ship. And to have capship combat we would need to see some Confed capships other than 'sports and the Midway.

*Better lighting (lights on fighters/capships, brightness in Secret Ops)*

Eye candy never hurts.
smile.gif

*Collision damage (asteroid/other ships)*

Yeah, that would be nice. I'm geting realy spoiled with Prophecy/SO, and when I go back to play WC1 and imediatly die after coliding with a fighter I just stare at the screen for an hour.

*Multiplayer*

I'd love to see that. And I heard that some of the MP code is already in there.

*Tractor beam*

Depends what use would be made of that. Some missions would have to be made where your objectives include tractoring something in.

*Jumping*

If some missions could be added to the games, we could have jumping in a covert missions or something.

*Ground missions*

Would the Prophecy engine allow that though?

*Humanistic AI (get distracted/follow taunts)*

But then the number of enemy ships would have to be reduced (nothing wrong with that, but would that be posible?).

*Beam Weapons*

An FS2 fan must have send in that one.
smile.gif
Wasn't there already a beam weapon made for SO that came with a converted B5 Shadow ship?

Last edited by a moderator:
you can make weapons that look like beam weapons pretty easily. close, but not perfect.

Making beam weapons isn't hard, although I don't like the way they work at all. Some of the MP work was done, I wonder why they didn't finish it in GOLD.
Multiple jumps would be nice.
Capship damage, explosions, that would be great.

------------------
Briceland
Support the WCESRP
A wingmen is essential; they give the enemy something else to shoot at.

I think that all explosions should cause damage. Naturally, small ships would only cause a small amount.

BTW, don't forget the Leech... and I suppose the cloak too.

Earthworm said:
*Originally posted by ChrisReid:
This is just for an interesting bit of info.. Here's our compiled list of tweaks people sent in.*

*Beam Weapons*

An FS2 fan must have send in that one.
smile.gif
Wasn't there already a beam weapon made for SO that came with a converted B5 Shadow ship?

Well, i never played FS2, and didnt liked FS1, but i do think beam weapons are very cool...take Babylon 5 series for example...
BTW, the "beam weapon" in the converted Shadow ship, is not a real beam
frown.gif
, its just a long laser, and it doesnt work right either... it doesnt do damage in close range because its only damages in the lead part of the "beam", wich is very bad since most of the time the fights are in close range.

------------------
[Zero] Say with me, Maestro: 'We're gonna miss you, bug!' Say it!
[Maestro] You guys are so funny! I think i gonna spit my bones out!

It would be theoretically possible to do ground missions.... If you made one huge ship that was a small number of HUGE polygons, and it never moved and you textured it right it could seem like a ground mission.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

TC said:
It would be theoretically possible to do ground missions.... If you made one huge ship that was a small number of HUGE polygons, and it never moved and you textured it right it could seem like a ground mission.

TC

Hm, would it be posible to put a lot of asteroids close together so there's not spce between them, and change the background of space to blue? Some space stations could even be used as ground bases.

KillerWave says:
Well, i never played FS2, and didnt liked FS1,

Same here, the gameplay in FS1 was descent, but it just didn't have a feel to it like the WC games did.
but i do think beam weapons are very cool...take Babylon 5 series for example...

They do look cool, but standard projectile weapons can look as good as beam weapons. Personaly I don't care much about that.

BTW, the "beam weapon" in the converted Shadow ship, is not a real beam , its just a long laser, and it doesnt work right either... it doesnt do damage in close range because its only damages in the lead part of the "beam", wich is very bad since most of the time the fights are in close range

Yeah, I know. I tried the Shadow ship with that weapon and it didn't work as well as I hoped it would, but it did look prety good.

Hm, would it be posible to put a lot of asteroids close together so there's not spce between them, and change the background of space to blue? Some space stations could even be used as ground bases.
That would be silly. Bringing in lots of asteroids? Come on, why not just make the model of one HUGE asteroid/moon. It makes things a lot simpler. BTW, I think that that would be altogether sufficient. I mean, sure, there would be no atmosphere, but a moonbase would be just as fun as a planetary base.

Which reminds me - if you guys are gonna do anything involving large objects like planets and moons, bring gravity in. Whether or not there was a valid explanation, the lack of gravity in WC 3 and 4 was just plain dumb.

Quarto said:
That would be silly. Bringing in lots of asteroids?
Yeah, I gues, but it would look better than a giant ship.

Which reminds me - if you guys are gonna do anything involving large objects like planets and moons, bring gravity in. Whether or not there was a valid explanation, the lack of gravity in WC 3 and 4 was just plain dumb.

Thou shall not say unholly things about the great WC games!!!!!

Personaly the lack of gravity didn't bother me. I don't want WC to change into a flight sim, even if just for few missions.

Yeah, I gues, but it would look better than a giant ship.
And the game would grind to a halt, but why worry about that
smile.gif
? Besides, I don't mean a giant ship, I mean a giant rock. And with a proper texture, it would look just as good as any WC 3/4 planet.

Thou shall not say unholly things about the great WC games!!!!!
You know me better than that. I'll say whatever the hell I want to say
smile.gif

Personaly the lack of gravity didn't bother me. I don't want WC to change into a flight sim, even if just for few missions.
Gravity the flight sim doesn't make.

Back