WCP: Does Lance Casey have a default callsign?

If you want to know where we hear this in the game, it's at the end of one of the mission briefings early on in the game when Dallas says to Casey "Hey Frosty, 100%." It's obvious that they were trying to use this callsign to link Casey to his father, since Frosty and Iceman are kind of similar.

Dallas refers to him as Frosty -- it isn't clear whether or not this is his real callsign or just a nickname of some sort.

I always thought it was Frosty just because thats what Dallas called him but it is possible that he meant it more to describe Casey as a level-headed kinda guy i.e. 'Stay frosty' is a popular phrase to use in difficult or dangerous situations and you want the people that are with you to remain calm.

"Stay frosty, Kaz" is probably the most unintentionally funny line in all of animation.

Dallas does indeed call him Frosty but by no means can we definitely conclude that was his callsign. Frosty is a nickname that is fairly common like Pongo or Pilgrim. For all we know, Dallas could have just decided on his own to call him that. Dallas was certainly quirky enough to randomly give people names. In fact, I do that a lot. (I kept calling Howard Day, Davey from some reason).

I would normally use TopGun, but I have used Frosty on occasion

I've also used Fairy and Pansy :D

On the issue of callsigns, I'm wondering if anyone here has used the callsign Maverick in the wing commander games prior to prophecy since we are told that this was Blair's wartime callsign. I know I have done that few times, although I did quite like using the callsign Deathbringer as it was rather appropriate considering the triple digit number that was always next to it on the killboard.

'Maverick' is pre-entered as default in the Kilrathi Saga versions of WCI and II (i.e. when you see the callsign text box, it's already there).

How about "The Trickster"?

wait...

that's what Rollins wants to call the Victory after the Ariel missions :p

Or maybe "the Ambush."

...That's the other name Rollins suggested for the Victory after the Ariel missions. But you already knew that didn't you :D.

Back