WCP cutscenes dont work

I recently decided to dig my WC: Prophecy out of storage and install it. However, the cutscenes dont seem to work on my new computer. They skip frames real bad like fast forwarding and the sound is completely screwed. This seemed like an obvious timing problem so I tried 2 different slowdown utilities. But one didnt work and the other made the rest of the game so slow it wasn't playable. What can I do?

Prophecy shouldn't need a slow down utility at all.

It's probably your sound card that's at fault. Play with the full duplex and hardware acceleration settings.

How fast is your CD Rom?

I have the same problem but I just thought it might be my 56X CD-Rom reading too fast.

Nah; this is a problem with DirectX sound acceleration. Turn it off in DxDiag (C:\Program Files\DIRECTX\Setup\DxDiag.exe).

Originally posted by Stinger
Nah; this is a problem with DirectX sound acceleration. Turn it off in DxDiag (C:\Program Files\DIRECTX\Setup\DxDiag.exe).

I am also having this problem. I tried turning off DirectX sound acceleration but it did not help.
I have a Creative Labs SB Live Platinum - LiveWire 3.0.
Funny, when I first played this game I did not have any problems with my SB Live Valve - LiveWire 2.0.

I did go to EA's support site. The soluation it had there did not apply to my sound card. I did email them. If I get a answer I'll post it.

Back