WCP (cockpit graphics issue)

Rakarth

Spaceman
I have a little problem with some graphics within the cockpit how can I fix it?

See screenshot

15yivch.jpg

You can see the blue lines aren't centered into the middle of the screen.

I run it on a Dell XPS 630i + 22" monitor (1600 x 1200) + Vista.

I am using Glide Wrapper and the High Res Patch and selected Glide + 1280 x 1024 and it works great except for 2 issues this one and the one with the simulator.

These blue lines will disappear when I use direct 3d option (High Res Patch) but then the fog option is disabled and I want to use it.

I hope this can be fixed.

This is the other issue I have

2a50xas.jpg

This issue can be solved by using 1024 x 768 res but still....

(ps. English isn't my native language)

The blue lines you see is an overlay of some sort used in Glide rendering mode. Since Prophecy was only ever designed for 640x480 resolution, the overlay will, of course, look wrong on other resolutions.

About the simulator ships, I have that inconsistency too. As with any sort of modification, you will get bugs such as these. I think it really is quite a trivial issue, though and does not really affect gameplay.

I appreciate that you are not a native English speaker. Please let me know if anything does not make sense to you.

Which version of the high res patch are you using? are you using the newer version in the prophecy enhancement pack?

I am using this one according to the Read me file

Wing Commander Prophecy - Enhancement Pack - Release 1

Thank you Wedge for your answers.

I have had some luck with graphical glitches like this by extracting the files in the TRE file that's associated with a particular resolution. In my case, I usually extract the tre with the 1024x768 files in it into the WCP directory. I'm not sure if there is a batch of files that supports your native resolution, but if there is, I would use it.

Jason do you mean those gf.tre files for example ? And how do you extract those ?

I got several .tre files in the Patch folder. This was needed to use the High Res Patch to begin with.

I was wondering if there is a package to download which upgrades the textures.

Like for X-Wing Alliance another classic I used to play there is this mod which upgrades all the older textures with newer (better) ones.

For all I care they take the whole WC series upgrading them to nowadays standards and add some new ones to the series. I don't mind replaying them all. They shouldn't touch the storyline and cut scenes only the in game graphics.

Same problem

Hello,

I have very similar problem, but I think mine is a bit worse.
Got som graphical anomalies when I play the game.
For example: The HUD looks very strange...

2gt9ctt.jpg

See those red marks. There is missing HUD or there are strange lines around the target...

I installed the game and used that enhanced pack 1 with Direct3d support ( Glide didn't worked ). Set for 1024*768. I cannot enable even the "fog" effect.
Like that patch never been installed.

Any suggestions?

Glide only works if you have an old 3dfx video card or if you use a Glide wrapper of some sort.

I think the artefacts you observe can be resolved by adjusting the texel alignment in nVidia's ForceWare or alternative texture alignment in ATi's Catalyst. At least... that's how it used to be resolved...

Wow

Hmmm...was thinking that it would be muuuuuuch more difficult...but I installed that Glide Wrapper, installed that enhanced pack to Glide and started it...wow...It works.

Now the Hud is allright and can use every details >)

Thanks again folks.

Back