WCP: Are full-screen movies possible?

DocScorpio

Spaceman
I installed WCP a while back and patched it so that the movies run at normal speed, instead of super fast. The movies run fine, but are reduced in size so that they only use the center of my FPD. Is there any way to run the movies full-screen? Thanks for any info.

Sounds like you're using HCl's patches. AFAIK, the movies don't play full-screen if you're at a higher resolution than the original 640x480. At this point, I think you would do best to download the DVD-quality movies and use those. IIRC, the DVD movie patch plays the videos at full screen.

I'm not sure that it's been implemented for the regular prophecy patch but I believe HCl may have worked it out for Standoff's last release. So he'll probably have something in that line eventually. That said, as was mentioned, if you don't mind a hefty dowload it would be worth your time to get the DVD video packs from the CIC and use the patch to allow the game to play them.

Yes, you're right. I installed HC1's hi-res patch and am running WCP at my FPD's native res, 1280x1024. Sorry I didn't mention that in the OP, but I installed the game a couple of months ago and forgot about it. All I recalled was the speed-fix video patch.

I'll dl the DVD movies and see how that works out. Thanks for the help.

Yes, you're right. I installed HC1's hi-res patch and am running WCP at my FPD's native res, 1280x1024. Sorry I didn't mention that in the OP, but I installed the game a couple of months ago and forgot about it. All I recalled was the speed-fix video patch.

I'll dl the DVD movies and see how that works out. Thanks for the help.

As long as you have the latest version of the prophecy enhancement pack you just create a directory in your prophecy directory called "movie" (not "movies") an put all the VOBs in there. The game should automatically play the DVD movies.

Gonna need some help here. I can't get WCP to work with the hi-res DVD movies. I had the game installed before with the followng files added: prophecy_video_fix.zip, wcphr.zip, d3d.zip and glidewrapper084.exe and it ran fine except for the reduced movie size at 1280x1024 res.

I downloaded the 3 DVD movie packs, wcpep_release.zip, wcmoviepatch_testrelease.zip and mpeg2dec.zip. Then I uninstalled the game and deleted the "prophecy" directory. Next I reinstalled the game, created a new "movie" directory in the "prophecy" directory and unzipped the 3 movie packs into it. Then I unzipped wcpep_release.zip and wcmoviepatch_testrelease.zip into the "prophecy" directory. Next, I set compatibility to Win98 and started the game from the shorcut. The opening movie will not start. I get a black screen like it's trying to start and then the error message: "Prophecy.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close."

So far, I reinstalled the game twice more and I've set "video card" to "D3D," "Glide" and "Software" with no luck. Also tried the mpeg2dec.zip, but no luck. Also set compatibility to Win95; still no luck.

I'm assuming wcpep.zip contains the hi-res and video skip fixes contained in wcphr.zip and prophecy_video_fix.zip. Is this assumption wrong?

If I copy the contents of wcphr.zip and propehcy_video_fix.zip back into the "Prophecy" directory the game runs fine....just as it did before, but I don't get the hi-res DVD movies. Instead, I get the reduced size original movies from the CD's.

Anyway, this is where I'm at atm. Anybody got any ideas? Thanks.

After installing regular prophecy http://download.wcnews.com/files/wcp/wcpep_release.zip should be the only other patch you need.
All you should need to do is
1/ unzip it to your prophecy directory
2/ Unzip the movie packs into a /movie subdirectory
3/ set compatability mode of prophecy.exe to either win95, or 98.

This version of the enhacement pack already includes all the other fixes. Check if you have any cyberlink software installed such as PowerDVD. It may be conflicting with the DVD stuff. Also try different compatability modes and see if they help.

Check if you have any cyberlink software installed such as PowerDVD. It may be conflicting with the DVD stuff. Also try different compatability modes and see if they help.

In fact, I've got Power DVD installed. Do I disable it through msconfig startup? There's a couple of items in there that are DVD-related.

In fact, I've got Power DVD installed. Do I disable it through msconfig startup? There's a couple of items in there that are DVD-related.

IT's mostly PowerDVD that's the problem I believe. IF you have the wc4 dvd patch you can try running the register.bat file to tell the computer to prefer the new decoder over the PowerDVD stuff. PowerDVD is known to conflict and the only real sure way is to uninstall powerdvd. Though i don't seem to have issues with it on my setup.

IT's mostly PowerDVD that's the problem I believe. IF you have the wc4 dvd patch you can try running the register.bat file to tell the computer to prefer the new decoder over the PowerDVD stuff. PowerDVD is known to conflict and the only real sure way is to uninstall powerdvd. Though i don't seem to have issues with it on my setup.

Is that Gulikoza's v. 1.2 DVD patch for WC4? What about the AC3 Filter. Is that something that might help?

I don't really want to screw up my Power DVD as I watch films sometimes on this pc. Worst case scenario is that I just play WCP w/o the DVD movies and live with it. :)

Is that Gulikoza's v. 1.2 DVD patch for WC4? What about the AC3 Filter. Is that something that might help?

I don't really want to screw up my Power DVD as I watch films sometimes on this pc. Worst case scenario is that I just play WCP w/o the DVD movies and live with it. :)

Yeah, that's the one. I think there's at least a version 1.3 now too but I'm not sure they all have the register program. That shouldn't affect PowerDVD any.

AC3 filter is only for sound. If the movies play but with no sound than you need ac3filter. If you get no picture then it's another issue

Yeah, that's the one. I think there's at least a version 1.3 now too but I'm not sure they all have the register program. That shouldn't affect PowerDVD any.

AC3 filter is only for sound. If the movies play but with no sound than you need ac3filter. If you get no picture then it's another issue

I downloaded the two available at CIC, v. 1.0 and 1.2. Neither has an executable. Both just have two files: dxmci.dll and mpeg2.dll.

Here's the URL to Gulikoza's page with various versions of the dxmci patch:http://www.si-gamer.net/gulikoza/

Download this one to your prophecy directory and run register: http://www.si-gamer.net/gulikoza/bin/mpeg2dec.zip It might be at the CIC too, but that's what register is for. That might do the trick.

The actual dxmci patches probably wont work for prophecy though, just WC4. So for prophecy just try mpeg2dec.zip along with the enhancement pack and run register and see if that does the trick. Don't forget compatability modes. Try different ones even and see if they make a difference.

Also there are other DVD software players that don't interfere that you could try. If you have a disk for power DVD I would certainly see if uninstalling it makes any difference. If not you could always reinstall it.

No go I'm afraid. I dled it and tried it, but got the same error msg. When I saw the register was mpeg2dec.zip, I knew I was in trouble. I'd actually already downloaded it from CIC and tried it with the same result yesterday. I didn't put two and two together that the register you were talking about was mpeg2dec.zip. Thanks for all your help though.

No go I'm afraid. I dled it and tried it, but got the same error msg. When I saw the register was mpeg2dec.zip, I knew I was in trouble. I'd actually already downloaded it from CIC and tried it with the same result yesterday. I didn't put two and two together that the register you were talking about was mpeg2dec.zip. Thanks for all your help though.

Yeah, I would try uninstalling PowerDVD. If that's not an option you could download and try this trick:

Gulikoza said:
DirectShow filters are selected based on their merit. Filters with higher merit are tried first. I found a nice little tool that allows you to change the merit

http://www.si-gamer.net/gulikoza/bin/rlfm_bin1_4.zip

Now, if you install mpeg2dec and set it a high merit it should always be loaded instead of WinDVD/PowerDVD filters and you can have PowerDVD installed (it will still function, since they load their filter directly, not by merit)

Yeah, I would try uninstalling PowerDVD. If that's not an option you could download and try this trick:

I'm going to skip uninstalling Power DVD; however, the Radlight Filter Manager that you link looks interesting. My only concern is this section of documentation:

Merit values selected from the list and filter merit values selected in the tree view are transferred to the input line. The Set Value Button picks the value from the input line.

*** Warning ***: In contrast to RadScorpion's original version this version allows to enter and set non-standard merit values. If you are not familiar with the DirectShow settings or you don't know what filter merits are, please keep your hands off - you may disable all kinds of media playback on your computer!

Do you know if the merit values in the list are all standard or what merit value I should set for to get the movies to play? I very much don't want to screw up media playback on my system.

I'm going to skip uninstalling Power DVD; however, the Radlight Filter Manager that you link looks interesting. My only concern is this section of documentation:

Do you know if the merit values in the list are all standard or what merit value I should set for to get the movies to play? I very much don't want to screw up media playback on my system.

Since the patch works fine I've never had to experiment with this myself so I don't really know. I would just make a note of the original values before you change them in case it breaks something so that you can change them back after.

Back