WCP and mines

Is there anyone here that actually managed to use mines effectively ?

Sure you had loads of them but id take rearmounted FF missiles anyday

wait till somebody's on your tail, drop a mine then BAMM!!! fresh kitty litt-- uh i mean uhhhhhhhhh bug splat, I'm hot today!

When I'm flying the Shrike or Devastator (the 2 ships w/ mines), and I'm trying to shake a pesky fighter from my tail, I like to juke while dropping mines. It keeps the fighter busy, and sometimes their shots hit the mines.

I never found them _that_ effective, though.

i never had any luck with mines....i tried them in almost all the wc games but they never seemed to work for me....so i just gave up with them

The correct employment of mines:

1- Pick a jump point from where you know a enemy Capship will enter.

2- Lay about 5000 of them at that jump point.

3- Sit back and watch the fireworks.

P.S. : Mines and fighter don't get along.

You see, mines are for super awesome pilots only. Like myself.;) It is the ultimate challenge for a pilot. Kill a target using only mines. The ability to lay a rock in the middle of the road so that the enemy runs into it is quite a feat, cause you have to lay it so that the enemy can't avoid it.

Originally posted by Zor Prime
You should try kiling an enemy with decoys!!!! Thats entertainment!
I never tried that, but sometimes I get the idea the enemies try to kill me with decoys.
Whenever I tail an enemy, they seem to keep launching decoys, for the eventuality that I might fire a missile. By the time I do, they're out of decoys... :cool:

Originally posted by Shooter
The correct employment of mines:

1- Pick a jump point from where you know a enemy Capship will enter.

2- Lay about 5000 of them at that jump point.

3- Sit back and watch the fireworks.

P.S. : Mines and fighter don't get along.

Something far easier and inexpensive would be to just destroy the jump bouy on your side to prevent the capship from jumping in.

...As long as you have your own way out of the system, that is. :)

Originally posted by LeHah

Something far easier and inexpensive would be to just destroy the jump bouy on your side to prevent the capship from jumping in.

...As long as you have your own way out of the system, that is. :)

Unless its a engine bug blowing up jump bouy's won't stop caps since theres one on there own side and the point still exists destroying them only disrupts communication's and limited sensor data from the bouy on the other side.

If only mines could damage major caps in proph but alas.

Why mines? Couldn't you just leave an outdated ship Confed didn't need (A Ranger, for example) in the estimated path of the Jump Point? Or just leave a dense debris field?

Outdated ships can always be stripped for parts or even just used to recycle the durasteel. No sense in wasting them like that.
And mines are likely to cause more damage than debris. Especially useful if you expect a fleet instead of just one ship.

Though stripping it for parts makes sense (though a Ranger's parts probably shouldn't be used on a, say, Vesuvius :) ), I think that a carrier left at a jump point, and collides with a ship jumping in, would set off the Ranger's power core, yes?? I mean, consider it if a small fleet is jumping in at the least! :D

Originally posted by LeHah
Why mines? Couldn't you just leave an outdated ship Confed didn't need (A Ranger, for example) in the estimated path of the Jump Point? Or just leave a dense debris field?

Good Idea, but why waste a ship that could be used to fight? During the war, confed wasn't exactly what we would call ship rich. Perhaps a surprise asteroid field!! Tow the asteroids to orbit the jump bouy!

Back