WCIII: Strange flying!

Zim

Spaceman
People,

When playing WC3, most of the ships handle like sh*t. I mean, when I fly the longbow or thunderbolt, sometimes I can't even make a 180 or a looping. That way sometimes I couldn't even target ships because I couldn't point my ship to them!

Is this normal? Or a common problem?

TIA

Zim

(BTW, a week in Germany...everyone should do that!)

My computer did that when I went back trying to play WC4. Nothing like I couldn't make a loop, more like it was a little jerky. I had to reconfigure my joystick and download the wc4win95 patch before I could get it working properly.

I believe the CIC has some patches for it in it's Files Section.

For some reason my joystick wouldn't work on WC3, so I had to disconnect it and use keys, which I found really awkward and that seemed really sluggish to begin with.

Keyboard control is the best. :)

But really, what do you mean by not making 180 degrees? Was there an invisible barrier preventing you from turning around?

Originally posted by Cpl Hades
Try holding shift while turning

yeah yore right (damn' it, my english teacher will be furious ! hehe)
Playing WC with a joystick is more realistic and easier... but sometimes, when it sucks, keyboard is useful, fortunately...

Originally posted by Cpl Hades
Try holding shift while turning

Yeah, I found that out pretty soon but it still doesn't feel anywhere near as good as an analogue stick.

Originally posted by Zim
When playing WC3, most of the ships handle like sh*t. I mean, when I fly the longbow or thunderbolt, sometimes I can't even make a 180 or a looping. That way sometimes I couldn't even target ships because I couldn't point my ship to them!

I remember going through the same problem. I never did find a solution, though...

Are we talking about the fact that when you try to turn left or right, you also bank at the same time? For me this only happened by default in the Longbow.

If so, IIRC there is a button in the flight options called 'Alternate Flight', or something like that, which switches between standard flight (left turns you left) and alternate (left turns you left & banks at same time).

IIRC, only the Longbow defaults to alternate flight mode. Oh, and also in atmospheric flight, I think.

Actually, I almost always use the shift key when flying (except in the drunk mission where the shift function is reversed), but IIRC there are some ships which don't turn at all until I press shift as well.

Back