WCGenerals Beta Launch - Come and try it out!

I got wiped in the current game - not wholly unexpected. I've got a single asset left, so I'm going to try something and hope it doesn't break the server again.
The only solution for nit getting wiped out is to increse the turn interval and slow down the game. Toying with the idea of introducing jump blockers to slow down maurading forces. Although no such item exists in the WC world. Right? Am open to ideas to make the games more interesting and long term playable.

Okay - that appears to be non-functioning as well. I've been taking over a fair amount of real-estate in Game #2 and I haven't been recouping funding. Also got a couple of craft that appear to be stuck in KM-252 at the moment.
It will be small amounts.

Stu
Okay - that appears to be non-functioning as well. I've been taking over a fair amount of real-estate in Game #2 and I haven't been recouping funding. Also got a couple of craft that appear to be stuck in KM-252 at the moment.
Stuck in what way? Remember game 2 has a longer delay cycle between each move.

Never mind - credits generation took a second to kick in. I was down to nine credits and I'm back up now.

The only solution for nit getting wiped out is to increse the turn interval and slow down the game. Toying with the idea of introducing jump blockers to slow down maurading forces. Although no such item exists in the WC world. Right? Am open to ideas to make the games more interesting and long term playable.

No, there's no such thing as a jump blocker in the WC universe, though there was the deal in WC3 where the Kilrathi tricked Victory's crew into thinking they'd closed a jump point, so that might be something that could be worked in.

Stu
Stuck in what way? Remember game 2 has a longer delay cycle between each move.

They both have the green "okay to move" dots. But when I click on the ships to move, the blue border does not appear around the jump to Nexus, and clicking on the jump point itself just brings it up on the sidebar with the option of pulling up the Nexus map. I've had no issues moving ships in between any other set of systems.

They both have the green "okay to move" dots. But when I click on the ships to move, the blue border does not appear around the jump to Nexus, and clicking on the jump point itself just brings it up on the sidebar with the option of pulling up the Nexus map. I've had no issues moving ships in between any other set of systems.
Ok. Will check it out.

Navigational note - the jump in Telar to J900 appears to be missing. Going to jump a ship into J900 from Junction to see if the reverse is true or not.

EDIT: Looks like the jump from J900 to Telar is indeed present at 11,3. I'll try jumping my ship through to see what happens.

Last edited:
Okay...so the ship jumped okay, it appeared next to the Valhalla jump point.

Also noting that the purple Agricultural World (e.g. Helen) image appears to be broken.

Going to have to quit for right now but I'll try to get on again later. I've got an overnight shift tonight with not much else to do...

In WCSaga, some jump points were fortified by turret mines. Maybe that can be implemented into WCGenerals to stop the marauders.

And WC Academy (TV) once showed a Kilrathi jump buoy with missile turrets.

In WCSaga, some jump points were fortified by turret mines. Maybe that can be implemented into WCGenerals to stop the marauders.

And WC Academy (TV) once showed a Kilrathi jump buoy with missile turrets.
Mines are a good idea. Ships jumping into the system can suffer hits which could sllow them down for repairs. Will need to work out which ships can deploy them etc. Pls keep playing and gives more suggstions for improved playability. Thanks

Still have got some odd behavior going on with new ship deployment in Game #1. Bought three Norgatas; deployed the first two without going back to the battle map in between deployments and "lost" one of them (the game says it's there but it's not showing up on the map). It also still said "Raxis" on the system to which to deploy the craft; that is my "home" system in that game but my shipyard there was wiped. The fighters did deploy ultimately to New Detroit where my shipyard is, but that seemed buggy to me so I thought I'd report it.

Time interval delay appears to be functioning now, though. Perhaps a little too well - I've waited for over a minute for Game 1 and my ships are still not cleared to move again.

Still have got some odd behavior going on with new ship deployment in Game #1. Bought three Norgatas; deployed the first two without going back to the battle map in between deployments and "lost" one of them (the game says it's there but it's not showing up on the map). It also still said "Raxis" on the system to which to deploy the craft; that is my "home" system in that game but my shipyard there was wiped. The fighters did deploy ultimately to New Detroit where my shipyard is, but that seemed buggy to me so I thought I'd report it.

Time interval delay appears to be functioning now, though. Perhaps a little too well - I've waited for over a minute for Game 1 and my ships are still not cleared to move again.
Ok. The original map was 20 x 20 which we cut down to 20 x 10 but some deployments are happening as per the 20 x 20 which sends the ships out of control area. Am fixing the same. Next update deployment will happen at a location of your choice i.e. near a planet, refinery, shipyard etc.

Just refresh map to see if the move indicators are changing. I have not enabled auto-refresh map yet.

Mines are a good idea. Ships jumping into the system can suffer hits which could sllow them down for repairs. Will need to work out which ships can deploy them etc. Pls keep playing and gives more suggstions for improved playability. Thanks

The next update will make the players fight for the planets and installations as well. Currently anyone can breeze through a system adding assets. Now it will become tougher and hopefully will slow down the relentless expansion. These planets and installations will also become more valuable in terms of credits thus making them worth fighting after.

Beta is in full swing. Check out some screen shots from active play.

1. 9 Players have joined this game.
9-Players.jpg

2. New Constantinople System
New-Constantinople.jpg

3. New Player Starting off
new-player-starting.jpg

4. Two fleets squaring off
two-fleets-square-off.jpg

5. Territory map showing players losses and gains
map-showing-territory.jpg

6. My Fleet
my_fleet.jpg

7. Ship Dealers - Buy new ships
ship_dealer.jpg

You've definitely got some buggy behavior going on still in the navigation department - this is mainly in Game #2. Here are my observations so far:
*Nitir -> Blockade Point Tango appears to be non-functional.
*KM-252 -> Nexus is non-functional.
*BP Alpha is mislabeled as BP Charlie on the main Nav Map.
*Ragnarok -> Perry jump missing.
*Palan->Xytani non-functional.
*New Caledonia -> Prosepe jump missing.
*Game #2, got a ship that refuses to identify its location. I think it was the jump from Perry to Ragnarok.
*Blockade Point Tango in Nitir identifies as BP Charlie.
*Some definite weirdness going on in Perry in Game #2 - ships jumped to New Detroit and Ragnarok ultimately emerged at BP Charlie.

Ships are also still not deploying in same system as the shipyards; this was in Game #1 - I had moved my remaining shipyard from New Detroit but the next time I bought a ship that's where the game deployed it to.

You've definitely got some buggy behavior going on still in the navigation department - this is mainly in Game #2. Here are my observations so far:
*Nitir -> Blockade Point Tango appears to be non-functional.
*KM-252 -> Nexus is non-functional.
*BP Alpha is mislabeled as BP Charlie on the main Nav Map.
*Ragnarok -> Perry jump missing.
*Palan->Xytani non-functional.
*New Caledonia -> Prosepe jump missing.
*Game #2, got a ship that refuses to identify its location. I think it was the jump from Perry to Ragnarok.
*Blockade Point Tango in Nitir identifies as BP Charlie.
*Some definite weirdness going on in Perry in Game #2 - ships jumped to New Detroit and Ragnarok ultimately emerged at BP Charlie.

Ships are also still not deploying in same system as the shipyards; this was in Game #1 - I had moved my remaining shipyard from New Detroit but the next time I bought a ship that's where the game deployed it to.
Thanks Capi. Will check them all out.

Back