WCCD: Dralthi('s)

JasonRocZ

Vice Admiral
Well while working on the Charon, I also figured that I was working on far too many confed, and the like. So I figured I should probably start working on some of the Kilrathi ships. which btw is much harder for some reason of another. But here are 2 ships that I've been working on both haven't gotten to the vision engine yet but will in due time. These are renders of the ships. Which I've tried to stay true to the Arena type shapes of the fighters.

The first is the Shank type fighter. I've still working on the cockpit area and also on the what seems to be the intake/engine areas too. then i'll start working on the textures more n more.

Shank1.jpg

The second is the Dralthi Striker, which is basically the same as the shank minus the extra wings. As always leave comments, and I will take them into account while making any changes.

Striker01.jpg

Also the poly count is oddly enough not all that high so. Adding in guns and stuff like that wouldn't be a problem.

oh BTW it's actually much darker... but the way I have 3d Exploration setup it looks so almost blinding depending on your monitor settings.

Yea I'm trying to stick with the Arena maunal for some of these, I even started on doing the Indomitable battlescruiser but that's a little far off from now. At least me posting progress for.

Update. All Vision engine. In Game.

Striker1.jpg

Striker2.jpg

Shank1.jpg

shank2.jpg

btw in the last pic 1 aft flame looks a little bigger only because they flicker.

Oh also I forgot to mention...For these 2 fighters I'm not sticking with the Arena Armament..For the "Striker" The Mass Drivers are Replaced as Meson guns, and the lasers are replaced by particle. For the "Shank" it is exactly the same as the Arena Manual also. Shielding and armor and other armaments will reflect the Arena Manual.

hmm doesn't seem like there's much feedback so I guess this one is a "Go" :) the Next one is the Indomitable Class Battlecruiser....don't ask me how I'm gonna get this one done.

Yeah, I'll jsut say that this one's had some amazing improvement! I like how you added that texture detail, and the better shading.

I've done a little bit more work on the "Shank" if you guys can notice the large wing on top need better texturing done, but other than that It'll probably remain the same....the only thing that's fairly rough in the vision engine is the 1200 poly limit for fighters oddly enough the Shank poly is only at 658. So if need there's room to expand on it....Originally the 2 tan models were what I was going to put in but then I took a look at a few of the "Arena models" and thought I was going in the wrong direction....so that's why the drastic change to look more Arena type. Also if you look at that engine intake. That shape is basically the same as the tan version...But the newer textures really set it off.

Here's actually another pic of the Striker from Above you can see the shape, a little bit more on the striker. And also a few little texture misplacements.

Striker100.jpg

The next one I'm going to be working on is the Indomitable class Battlecruiser or at least something similar, with design cues from the WC Armada Carrier, The Hades Class Assault Cruiser, and a few other cap ships.

Here's a different color scheme that I figured I'd drop in here. At the moment I'm working more on storyline,plot, charecter development and all that other good stuff.

Attachments

• dralthi01.jpg
    dralthi01.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 92
This might be a long overdue but Here's a Striker that is more in tune with the final model for the WC:CD mod... check it out. and Let me know what you think... This is the closest, I believe I can get to the original Arena model. Without investing tooo much time

Attachments

• Striker01.jpg
    Striker01.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 101
Tehy are great, bu t i would recommend to leave the gold-and-reddish colors intact...

The only dralthi i know without this color is the ol' from privateer one..

Great job though...

Back