WCATV Hi Res editing help needed in Premiere

Shaggy

Vice Admiral
I've been working out the details for doing a music video with the Hi Res WC Academy episodes. I was going to cut everything together in Adobe Premiere, because I have a free and legal copy and my brother was an instructor on Premiere-hence the free copy. :)
Anyway, I've been able to watch the episodes just fine, but when I try to import them into Premiere it doesn't recognize the compression, but from the error message it seemms to recognize the file type alright.
Anyone have any tips?

I've encountered similar problems (with other files) with Ulead Media Studio (2.5 and 5.2 Pro). I have absolutely no idea as to why however. Probably some minor differences (or errors) in the files. I can only recommend to use tools like tmEnc (free IIRC as long as you don't do MPEG2) or EOVideo (commercial). Usually at least on of the is capable of reading the file for me. So I use them to reencode the file to some other format (uncompressed?) and go from there. Of course you migth also want to ask Adobe, but if they are as helpful as Ulead you are seriously wasting time with them...

Premiere, 6.5 and Pro both have problems with DivX encoded stuff..mostly.
You could decode the files you need and later recode it.
Problem is that the encoded files use a lot of diskspace...on the other side Premiere is a quite comfortable tool...at least Pro (I don't like 6.5)
For decoding/encoding you could use VirtualDub...their should be free version.
Oh and from what I have experianced...don't use Premiere for DivX encoding. Takes endless long and looks not so good. I got much better results with VirtualDub.

I agree with the Virtualdub suggestion. Also to Consider is Virtualdubmod. Both are opensource I believe.

Back