WC4DVD.. single or double?

macnbc

Spaceman
I've been considering purchasing the WC4 DVD-ROM version online, but I don't know how to identify which one is the single-sided and which one is the double-sided version. Are there any differences in the packaging?

Cases in point:
http://starvector.com/cgi/lp.cgi?9566649+ca0281.html

Is this one the single or double-sided version? I would think since its being sold without the video card on a retail site that its the single-sided one.. BUT..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3072139588&category=11050

The item description in that eBay auction would suggest that its the double-sided one, but the picture is the same one used on Starvector's site.

So which is which?

(And also before I get it, I might as well ask.. does EITHER version work in Windows XP?)

Starvector is real shady, no version of WC4 DVD should be going for $40 really yet, and I think they're selling the DVD one without its decoder card and so on.

The single-sided DVD has, on the non-data side, a graphic similar to that on the regular CD version, although without the disc number and with assorted text on the front, including "not for resale" (*snort*). At least for the one I bought, it was just delivered in a jewel case, with a white "body" insert in a clear case.

The double-sided DVD comes in a cardboard sleeve, like the one pictured on both of those images to which you provided links. However, if they are for sale without the decoder card, they're effectively not worth the ink on the sleeve, unless you already have the decoder card.

As for Starvector, Chris is right, that 40 bucks they're charging is out of line, especially since they even say that it's used (which rarely sells for "new" prices). Selling the disc without offering the way to actually use it (as it seems they're doing) is pretty sleazy.

Death said:
However, if they are for sale without the decoder card, they're effectively not worth the ink on the sleeve, unless you already have the decoder card.

Well, to be fair, the card goes for cheap on e-bay... so it's easy to get seperately... Not telling people that they need it, though, is just being an asshole

Death said:
However, if they are for sale without the decoder card, they're effectively not worth the ink on the sleeve, unless you already have the decoder card.
I beg to differ. Being able to watch the videos in full DVD quality and get proper captures is worth every penny I spent.

TC said:
Well, to be fair, the card goes for cheap on e-bay... so it's easy to get seperately... Not telling people that they need it, though, is just being an asshole

Yeah, and there's a guy on ebay with 60 copies of the WC4 DVD that always has one available there for $25. He was rather rude when we tried to talk to him too though.

ChrisReid said:
Yeah, and there's a guy on ebay with 60 copies of the WC4 DVD that always has one available there for $25. He was rather rude when we tried to talk to him too though.

He never even bothered responding to me when I e-mailed him asking if it were single or double-sided.

Yeah, why would you want a DVD version of WC4 just to avoid disc swapping? Isn't the whole point supposed to be the lucious MPEG-2 + Dolby Digital FMV? You can watch that perfectly easily with any DVD player (that supports playing .VOB files, in any event).

Back