Here is to Pedro, to whom I wish a speedy recovery. Also, do not go for another record please, I have just reached 17 in '@' and think 18 is beatable given a few more tries, so do not increase that further ;-)
Minor bugs I noticed:
* press F2, then press Escape to enter the menu: no menu appears but game pauses anyway and mouse cursor is present
* in the flight-deck menu (no matter upscaled graphics or aspect-ratio), my mouse cursor is rather choppy, with FPS drops occurring every 2 to 3 seconds
* several funny visual oddities when using original graphics, but your manual stated these were to be expected
* I have visible tearing lines during the briefing screen, of all things (a very minor distraction). If these also occur during gameplay, then I fail to see them
* during the teaser, I seem to be able to press spacebar to pause the video. If that happens, I can see a flickering black line from the upper left to the lower right corner. Looks very much like tearing at first, since it is diagonally, that cannot be it...
* I think your manual should remind us on how to get the Stormfire, aka how that works exactly, considering you have issued a challenge to the player that depends on that gun
* let's begin with the biggest praise: responsiveness of flying is great, with both an expensive and a cheap flightstick. It feels very authentic, the hard to nail feeling was indeed nailed but I dare to say that it is even better than the original, due to framerate, sensitivity and a much deeper understanding of acceleration and zones. Great work! Keyboard is fun (I used to fly both Freespace 2 and all WCs with a Keyboard for 20 years).
* I also like the new flight model in essence, a hybrid of the old and the, well, other old ;-) It feels WC4-enough to me, while introducing a bit weight and slide that makes it feel more like WC1 or WCP!
* my fears that the game currently feels "too slow", a concern I voiced in this thread earlier, have unfortunately been confirmed. Everything feels very sluggish in the sense that, unlike the original WC4, there is never any sense of flying at a speed faster than walking across the street! Not when chasing someone, not when someone evades, not when I kick in the afterburner. Flying feels snail-like in this new engine however I noticed a big difference when switching to original graphics. If I am not mistaken, the new models are simply roughly 1.5x the size of the old ones, while the speed of everything else stays the same. The difference is startling, to be honest, as combat in the original graphics feels so much more like actual WC4 combat. I think this is mainly a scaling issue for now and probably on your list, but it has the unintended side-effect of making your score challenge dependent on the graphic setting...
* AI is obviously early but already promising. The same scaling issue applies, as the AI's shortcomings are much less visible in original graphics, where everything just happens at a bigger distance... It seems the Arrows especially have a tendency to brake and re-orient, which is a less suicidal maneuver in the original graphics.
* your efforts to make WC4 a bit less missile-driven are appreciated, although I never personally bought into the opinion that it was a Missiles-only game anyway. Guns and Missiles feel mostly great and I love the shield effects, as well as the understated but present hull damage effects. Very much in line with what the original tried to do. In short, weapons are fun to use
* love how the HUD works, how parts of it bend into my yaws and pitches... Reminiscent but modernized, feels great. A slight (configurable, think of VR) camera twist could probably increase immersion even further by giving a visual illusion of G-forces, but that is hard to get right...
* the targeting system currently has a few oddities (which, honestly, I could only notice because locking targets is not in yet), there were multiple instances in which it did switched to a target that I deemed unintuitive. The easiest to reproduce is the following: I had targeted and was firing at the frigate in the center of my screen and the game decided to re-target a newly spawned figther 45 degrees to my right, which just feels odd...
* this is boring, because it is really good. There is so little to complain about here, it sounds great, it is fluid, it looks classic but not ugly...
* will a talking pilot's video stream be "projected" WCP style later, or how will this work?
* could one take a slight artistic liberty and create a _no missile lock yet_ sound, so that the player get's negative feedback upon pressing the fire button if no missile can be fired yet (or there are no more missiles?)
Mighty impressive work so far!