WC4 not detecting joystick...

IonMage

Spaceman
Hi. Just finished WC3, and going on to wc4, but my joystick isnt detecting (and im playing the supposedly windows version, mind you). Is there something i need to do to get it too work, or something?

I dont mean to point out to the obvious like a jerk but did you check the Control Panal's setup and configuration? Also did you try it out with another game after you notice it not working in case it just passed away?

(R.I.P mr.Phoenix's Joystick :( )

Yep, checked it all, and the joystick worked. Its a microsoft sidewinder, and an old one at that (no force feedback in it :()

Drivers/control panel: Check
Other games: Check

Heck, wc3 detected the JS (but as i mentioned in another thread, was jerky and insane)

Hmm the only thing I can think of at the moment is for some bizarre reson WC4 isnt capadable with microsoft Sidewinder.
But if I remember correctly I first played threw WC4 with mine and if it works with WC3 it should with WC4, yet it might explain for the jerkyness in WC3.

I remember having a problem like this with Privateer and my Sidewinder back in the day. If I can recall or find any notes I wrote on it before anyone else figures it out I'll get back to ya.

It says win95 and MSDOS, but only because win98 and after hadn't been made then. The game itself runs fine.

And for the record, WC3 detected the jostick (albeit poorly) as an MS-DOS game. Now that i think of it, i'll try running WC4 in MS-DOS......

Wow, it detected, and properly! Ahhhhh!

Maybe it IS winME! Thanks for the help! I'll see if it detects in win98 SE when i get it!

IonMage said:
It says win95 and MSDOS, but only because win98 and after hadn't been made then. The game itself runs fine.

And for the record, WC3 detected the jostick (albeit poorly) as an MS-DOS game. Now that i think of it, i'll try running WC4 in MS-DOS......

Wow, it detected, and properly! Ahhhhh!

Maybe it IS winME! Thanks for the help! I'll see if it detects in win98 SE when i get it!

NP,Congrads, and good luck.

Back