WC4 is harder than I recall!!??

Me, too - couldn't kill Seether with guns. He cloaks and cloaks... But :) But :) But! He doesn't see the dumbfires :) He would evade an IR or a FF - and he easily does so. But DF ... he seems to ignore it. So - he's dead having a single DF hit. Not the easiest thing to do, I admit it. But IMHO it is much easier than any other ways of disposing that "nice pleasant guy". :)

I DO THAT TOO!! I love it when it connects. I usually play cat and mouse with him until he attacks me head on. Then I play a game of chicken for a second, launch DFs and pull a snap-roll to avoid getting hit. Usually works pretty well.

I agree that WCP is by far the easiest of all WC games and that not many missions stand out (I remember that "Search for alien probe" and "Kraken in dry dock"), its atmosphere was shallow and yet, I find the flying and blowing up part to be one of the best of the series. The colours are pretty and the explosions have a nice sound and graphic effect.

I've found an obvious (but overlooked :p ) trick for the Peleus missions - use Lock. Even if there's nobody in front of you, the computer will lock on to the nearest target and "tell" you how to turn your ship to face it. Then it becomes much, much easier.

I've been trying to win every mission with every available ship. I've been doing mostly fine - saving the BW convoy from the missiles with an Avenger was difficult. I'm currently trying to win Speradon's Attack Carrier mission in the Vindicator and the Avenger. It's proving to be quite difficult, these ships are not too good at dodging and can quickly take a lot of damage from the carrier's turrets. Fortunately Stormfire seems to help.

Beat that carrier mission in all of the ships. It was especially tough in a Vindicator.

Timing the Mace may seem a bit difficult, but once you're used to it, you can easily destroy at least two fighters in one blow, so it can definetely be useful. :D

(Hint : Don't fire it when you're too far away from the enemies. I tend to fire the Mace when they get pretty close, like 9000-10000, I think).

I've been experimenting some more... The Mace can blow up 4 Hellcat fighters at once, so if you're flying a Dragon, it means you can pretty much beat Nav 1 of Outrun Ella very quickly.

The Starburst is basically a better DF and can be used to destroy and damage enemies on the first pass, but it's innacurate and not all that powerful.

The Coneburst is a much better DF and can be used to destroy a fighter on the first pass, although you have to be quite accurate. The real power of the Coneburst lies in the fact that it will destroy any capship in Outrun Ella in one hit (yes, even the Cruiser). Don't fire it *too* closely or it won't blow up due to the missile's security system.

So, to make a "good" decision about Ella and stay alive, you need 'starburst' missiles.
To have 'starburst' missiles you need to capture a weapon facility.
Capturing that facility is an 'evil' path.
So - to survive Ella "good" path, you need to walk "evil" path earlier...
The life is so unjust...
;)

Back