Wc4 installation problem.

freeleaves

2nd Lieutenant
Im trying to install the dos cd version of wc4 so i can then run the win 95 patch. Im current running vista. but when i try to install the game off of the cd i get a box that says this system does not support full screen mode. any ideas?

You should install the game in dosbox, and then after apply the patch and run the game from windows.

i actually tried that. but when i run the install.bat file that is in the patch, the dos prompt window very quickly appears and dissapears in windows.

i actually tried that. but when i run the install.bat file that is in the patch, the dos prompt window very quickly appears and dissapears in windows.

Did you try running the patch installer from dosbox?

I think there may be some confusion here. The dosbox emulator is not the same as the command prompt window within Windows.

But then, I don't touch Vista, so if you are using dosbox already, my apologies.

I too have a problem in isntalling WC4 on Vista and i hope its okay that i write it in here, for i didnt want to open a new thread for this...

Anyway.. i searched in here for a solution and looked into the tech support, but the only thing suggested there is to try different compatibility modes, I did that but nothing worked.
I get the message "The Programme does not work on 64-Bit"etc.
I come from germany so i cannot post the "error" properly

Then I tried it with Dosbox but well.. i was not really able to use the CD-Rom via dosbox...

Can you help me out here?

Did you follow the tech support walkthrough for using DOSBox? https://www.wcnews.com/techsupport.shtml#wc4 You have to be sure to mount the CDROM as -t cdrom. You can even copy the disc to the hard drive and mount its folder as a CDROM. Getting past that error should be pretty doable.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh man thanks!
I only looked at the instructions for w95, cause i thought that should work...
Anyway! thanks a lot!

Back