WC4 Homeworld Mod Gameplay Video Released (July 22, 2006)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
BrynS has compiled a neat gameplay video of a simulated mission in the WC4 Homeworld 2 mod. It details a thirteen minute skirmish between Confederation forces and and their unfortunate targets. Massive numbers of both fighters and capital ships participate in this exciting fleet engagement. Border Worlds and Black Lance factions are planned for the full release, and a few of their ships appear in today's preview. High and Low quality versions of the full video are available in 110 and 42 megabyte flavors. A quick 30 second 5 meg teaser is also available. The action is very intense and should help people get a feel for the game beyond what all the basic screenshots have done.

--
Original update published on July 22, 2006

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think game demos support mods - but I guess you can download it and try anyway. On the other hand - HW2 is an old-ish title and should be quite cheap to buy these days.

That preview was awesome. We can all count on the Homeworld engine to bring the atmosphere of big battles to life :D

Some of these graphics are amazing! The one with the Intrepid for example, could easily be a screenshot from the FMVs!!!

Glad you guys enjoyed it -- I had a blast putting it together. Once completed, the mod should be great for the budding Fleet Admiral (or is that Space Marshall :p )!

Hope to have a few more, shorter videos up in the next week or so using some of the extra maps developed by the HW2 community (Thanks to Bob McDob & TonViper for the links:)), showing extended and more focused portions of specific gameplay, i.e. Longbow torpedo bombing runs, capital ship combat, attacking ship sub-systems, etc. I'll post download links in the main thread in the Editing Forum once they're complete. TonViper also mentioned releasing a gameplay video in the future.

Regarding the Homeworld 2 prerequisites for the mod, I'll have to get back to you with a more definitive answer after I've checked with czacen. To run the current beta, the full-game (patched to 1.01) needs to be installed.

If you want to be on the safe side, purchasing a copy of the full-game should be rather easy and cheap. A cursory look at some US sites shows availability for new copies in the $10-25 range with shipping, while E-Bay has new and second-hand copies going in the $5-10 range + shipping. There may be better deals out there. In the UK, I would recommend Play.com, which has Homeworld 2 in stock for £4.99 including free delivery.

The current focus is WC4. ;)

Cheers,

Bryn

Back