WC4> Help required!

AKUMA1

Spaceman
Hi everyone,

for the 1st time in 12-13 years I am about to install WC4, but I am running Windows XP, what all do I need to get this game running successfully, because whenever I go through the installation screen, it just fails on the video tests and the sound tests, I don't want the sound to be of MIDI quality when playin the game, so how can I get the game to be played on the level it's meant to be played on? i.e the top-level.

Hopefully you guys can help! :rolleyes:

Part of the trick is to install the game in dosbox. Once you do that you can either try getting it to run well in dosbox or use the win95 patch. Personally I'd install the patch. After that the only thing left to do is set the compatability mode of the WC4 exe file.

Any decent sites where to get the DOS box, or Win 95 patch,? Also can anyone clarify how to get the video de-interlaced? And by installing Dos box, as well as the patch the audio quality will be better than Midi I assume?

Any decent sites where to get the DOS box, or Win 95 patch,? Also can anyone clarify how to get the video de-interlaced? And by installing Dos box, as well as the patch the audio quality will be better than Midi I assume?

There's no midi in WC4 no matter how hard you try. That said, a good wavetable is probably just as good as the way they recorded the WC4 music. I think you have some wrong impressions of just what a MIDI file actually is.

The patch should be in the CIC's files section. As for dosbox a quick search of the front page should net you dozens of links to download dosbox. There should be a download link on the Tech Support page that will walk you through installing all the games.

Cheers Ad for the tips, I am thinkin though should I re-install it after god knows how long, or am I better of watchin the dvd quality 3 hour video...

Why I was mentioning about the MIDI was because when I was watching the footage of WC3 on youtube the ingame background score was of mediocre quality as oppossed to an actual proper background score, so I was just assuming that, that would not be the case in this instance ....

Back