WC4 GOG No Music During Missions

Getius

Chief Petty Officer
When I play Missions in Wing Commander 4 I don't hear any music during missions. I set Compatibility to Wing 95 service pack 3 and it didn't help. I will try the other two Completability modes for Win 95 and see what happens.

When I play Missions in Wing Commander 4 I don't hear any music during missions. I set Compatibility to Wing 95 service pack 3 and it didn't help. I will try the other two Completability modes for Win 95 and see what happens.

I'm having the exact same issue, it plays once and then after your first incidental music (usually a kill) - nothing.
I'm afraid I don't have a fix for that one (although I do have a patch I cooked up for ultrawide monitors if anyone needs one).

Well setting it to Win 95 mode worked. I didn't realize it at the time I wrote my post but I had it set to Win XP.

Any update to this? I tried changing compatibility modes and I'm still losing music mid-mission. Would be a real shame if it can't be fixed!

Just finished the game in Ace difficulty (yeah, I'm a newb, I did it in rookie back in the day), pretty enjoyable though the GOG version still has the cinematic at very low volume, compatibility or not.

Just finished the game in Ace difficulty (yeah, I'm a newb, I did it in rookie back in the day), pretty enjoyable though the GOG version still has the cinematic at very low volume, compatibility or not.

What did you make of the last mission? I had totally forgotten being forced to blow up an unarmed station the same as the one seether did.
Surely something else was supposed to be there and the ship was never completed?

What did you make of the last mission? I had totally forgotten being forced to blow up an unarmed station the same as the one seether did.
Surely something else was supposed to be there and the ship was never completed?
Pretty sure you can just burn past the station and ignore it. It takes a while to get far enough past to autopilot but I don't think you actually ever have to blow it up, unlike when you try and leech fighters but the next wave won't trigger until you just kill the defenseless pilots.

You should be able to adjust the gains on AC3 audio using something like the k-lite codec tweak too and that should help balance out the audio.

Pretty sure you can just burn past the station and ignore it. It takes a while to get far enough past to autopilot but I don't think you actually ever have to blow it up, unlike when you try and leech fighters but the next wave won't trigger until you just kill the defenseless pilots.
Confirmed, that's what I did yesterday, simply cloaked past it, uncloaked some distance away and kept going towards the navpoint, and the cutscene started after being something like 40 or 50 k away. No shooting of any kind after roasting GE-guy.

Interesting, probably what I did back in the day or i would have remembered. I watched both the PC and PSX play throughs that appear first on YouTube, both players also destroyed it.

The guide also tells you:

Attachments

• 751FABAB-E68E-4BA7-85D2-7543C37AC92A.jpeg
    751FABAB-E68E-4BA7-85D2-7543C37AC92A.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 53
Interesting, probably what I did back in the day or i would have remembered. I watched both the PC and PSX play throughs that appear first on YouTube, both players also destroyed it.

The guide also tells you:
Something I also noticed was a bug in Peleus, as I helped the vet at the beginning and still had to go through multiple checkpoints despite the CIC's game guide saying it would be a quick run to the correct navpoint.

I started having the problem again that is the subject of this thread. I have tried different compatibility mode both with and without administrator rights and I still have the same problem. Also, it won't even start when set to windows 95.

Back