WC4 Gameplay Videos Captured (February 24, 2005)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
AD has made some progress in his project to create an adaptation of Wing Commander 4 using its cutscenes and gameplay. When we last reported on his progress, the video sequences were coming along, but there were issues pertaining to the in-flight portions. These have been resolved thanks to some help from Crius.net, and a sample battle is now available. You can check out the 30 meg gameplay divx here.

--
Original update published on February 24, 2005

Last edited by a moderator:
That's some pretty good editing there. Nice timing on the torpedo strike with the WCM soundtrack. :)

Well, I'm just on the third Gameplay video now. Im having a hectic week and haven't had a lot of time, but I'm progressing. Although I won't be including every mission, I can say that I am less than half done the gameplay videos. Then I need to make sure they work into the complete project nicely. Although I'm mostly done the editing on the games FMV sequences I'm sure it will need a little reworking once the gameplay videos are in place.

So as far as time schedule goes, I hope it wont be too long. It depends on how much I decide to change the scope of the project too, though.... For example re-introducing the 5.1 audio, in which case I will need to rework every scene. Most likelt the internet version will only be 2.0 and when I complete my source DVD I would like to include the 5.1. With a little help, I'm trying to work on a technical solution to that problem.

As I mentioned, It also depends on my free time, as most of this is getting done between 11pm and 2am But progress will be faster if I get a few days off work or If my 2 year old is napping at a convenient time. As much as I'd love to concentrate totally on this project, I won't do so at the expense of my family.

Thanks for the interest in this project. I'll try and keep everyone posted as to the progress. :)

I don't blame ya for putting this aside at times, you have much more important things to tend to apparently.

I've been missing the games as of late, HALO's gotten boring and StarCraft is older than hell. My copy of WCIV is buried in a box someplace at home, 170 miles away and even if it were here i don't really want to mess with getting it going (though i am looking at DOSBox as a way to finally place I II III and armada). Getting to watch all the vid clips in sequence would suit me :) Glad there are those among us with the knowledge and skill to undertake such tasks! :)

Back