Wc4 Dvd

U

Unregistered

Brothers and sisters,

I have a problem running the WC4 DVD. Problem one is that the DVD movie portions of the game skip entirely, instead giving me an 'unable to locate xxx.vob' error message, the xxx being whatever specific movie should be showing at that time. Secondly, is there USB support in the game at all? I assume that any Windows game would have it. I have had this problem on all versions of Windows since 98, and am currently using XP with the same results. Please help!

Whee

You have to run it on 95/98 with a compatible HARDWARE Mpeg decoder.

u don't have to use a hardware decoder.
i hear it works with cyberlink powerdvd.
but as far as the dvd decoder card hardware.
get a creative dxr2 or dxr3,
or signa designs hollywood or hollywood plus+

in actuality, sigma makes the card for both brands, so a hollywood card is a dxr2, and a hollywood plus+ is a dxr3.

finding them is increasingly harder, but still realitively easy.
u can find them on ebay or goto pricewatch.com and search for the cards.

in the end, the dvd version of wc4 makes for some fun interactive movie playin'

Powerdvd plays the files off the disc no problem, but you need one of those hardware decoders to properly play the movies ingame.

Yeah. The movies are just regular VOB files, playable in any DVD player application that can open up files rather than DVDs. PowerDVD, WinDVD, etc, all work. As do VOB-rippers, I might add :).

If you wish to play WC IV on Win XP, you need :
- Hollywood RealMagic card or Creative DXR2 or DXR3

I have Win XP + Hollywood RealMagic Pro card and can play WC IV without any problem.

But I can get the joystick work with WC IV (DVD).
(I have a Logitech Wingman Digital Joystaick, I try both "game port" and "USB", and can not get it work.....)

Originally posted by kamiry
If you wish to play WC IV on Win XP, you need :
- Hollywood RealMagic card or Creative DXR2 or DXR3
I have Win XP + Hollywood RealMagic Pro card and can play WC IV without any problem.

Can you describe what you did in order to get the movies working? I think you are the first one to report to have them running in XP. All others seemed to have problems with getting the drivers to work correctly.

i have it working in XP.
all u do is install the drivers for the card.
and since thay ARE the same card, get the simga drivers, they are better.

Back