WC4 DVD

Lunatic

Spaceman
Sorry, I'm not sure where to put this thread.

Does anyone have a copy of the WC4 DVD that they have managed to get working with in-game movies? If so, how did you do it? Thanks

You need a Creative DXR decoder board (certain flavours of software players may work... I'll let somebody else say which, since I have no idea:)).

(This is why the game was bundled only with certain drives... it needs special equipment.)

I assume they made as many as there are Creative Encore 2x through 5x kits.

WC4DVD can be played (the actual game - you can play the movies on any DVD decoder, even software) on a DXR2 and RealMagic Hollywood+ (which is essentially a DXR3, but its drivers don't kill WC4).

Originally posted by Lunatic
No, just the 2x kits, I'm pretty sure. What software players? Do the ATI boards work?
I got it with the 5x kit. I believe they needed to commit to the Retail box before they had decided what game was to be bundle with it so it wasn't listed on the box. I gamble that it would be bundle with Encore 5x.

[Edited by Johnl12 on 07-24-2001 at 19:48]

Originally posted by LeHah
LOAF, how many copies of the WC4 DVD were made?

No idea... but there are at least to distinct versions of the game. One being the more common double sided, MPEG 2 version. The other is single sided and has the standard Windows WC4 version on it.

TC

Indeed...

and listen: in France, there is an exam called "baccalauréat" when you are 18. It's pretty important if you want to get a job. And, every year, we can find some genious guys...
An example for you Americans, it will show you our view of the history of the Civil War: someone wrote down this year "the Confederate General Bruce Lee..." Well, fortunately, those guys are rare...
lol

Originally posted by NoRemorse
An example for you Americans, it will show you our view of the history of the Civil War: someone wrote down this year "the Confederate General Bruce Lee..."

Wow, the south might have actually stood a chance!

-The Gneech ("Just kidding, don't hit or yell.")

LOAF has plenty of bucks... He does not buy food or goods, he does not pay his electricity bill: that's why he can afford what we can't... because he is an actual FAN...

No, the bachelor's degree is for college. 18 is waaaaay too young for a college degree, unless you're a genius. I believe that it is the french version of the SATs on steroids, similar to the old Chinese Civil Service exam (though no where near as grueling).

Originally posted by Sadic
I think it is the equivalent of an High Shool Diploma.
It's just before entering an University.

That's it... this is before the University (=your HS diploma... because here High School=Lycée and our College is before the High School... yep, I know, it's hard to understand...)
Just to say that those guys are crazy: Bruce Lee, a Confederate General ! They have to stop watching TV !

Back