WC4-DVD questions

Hey, didn't I just say no luck with the ATI card yet? I have the AIW Radeon. I think it's safe to say that all the ATI cards use the same prog/hardware. One day...

Don't hold your breath on that one. There is absolutely nothing incompatible about the cards themselves, just the software support. It's because the game is using the Windows MCI to call for the video to be played, which has been obsoleted by DirectX for quite some time, and of course, it was only certified to run on the dxr2, so who knows if it meets any sort of standard.

Hopefully we can get the game patched, officially or unofficially, to work with DirectX. Then any hardware or software player should become compatible (within reason).

Looks to me like mpeg2.dll is handling MCI, maybe all we need is a replacement? Anybody up to the challenge?

I know about these MCI Extensions. Which is why I maybe stick with this Dxr3 card for life. :eek:
I think it's time for MB's to have 10 PCI slots.

Looks to me like mpeg2.dll is handling MCI, maybe all we need is a replacement? Anybody up to the challenge? Hey don't look at me I'm a systems administrator not a programer.;)

Why, so that you need a specially designed case just to use it?

What exactly happens when you try to run WCDVD without a dxr? Does it just not run? Or does it specifically detect that you don't have a dxr card installed.

say Preacher, where abouts do you live? and does that flea market have anymore copies of the double sided WC4DVD? i've played all the WC's except 4 {played demo but it doesn't count} i have a dxr3 and now i'm itching to play!

Originally posted by Angel O'Death
say Preacher, where abouts do you live? and does that flea market have anymore copies of the double sided WC4DVD? i've played all the WC's except 4 {played demo but it doesn't count} i have a dxr3 and now i'm itching to play!

I live in the 'Cuse, and no, that was the only copy I saw. I don'tyet have a DVD player, so I'll be waiting awhile before I can even try to play it.

Here's another question, for anyone who might know: What (if any) other "extras" are there on this DVD, besides the excellent FMV quality (outtakes, interviews, etc.)?...

The double sided MPEG-2 WC4 DVD is the Windows 95 version of WC4 with MPEG-2 video. That's what it is.

TC

In other words, It's a proper DVD, not just 6 CDs plonked onto a DVD disk with the same Xanmovie/AVI video the original had.

Back