WC4 (dos) and Windows XP

U

Unregistered

I have WC4 DOS version and Windows XP. When I try to install WC4 from the CD it doesn't even load the install, it just hangs in the transition between windows to dos. I have downloaded DosBox and the Windows 95 patch, but I don't know what to do with them as I am unable to install!!

Little help please?!

after running dosbox, you need to mount both your hard drive and cd-rom ( I dont remember the exact commands at the momment. Plus you probably need to increase the CPU cycles too so press f12(?) a whole bunch. Once the game is installed in dos-box to your HD exit dosbox and apply the patch in windows. also set the wc4 executable compatability to win95 (right click the exe file and go to properties) and you should be set.

I got it working

What I did was a bit different actually....I copied the entire CD to c:\wc4 and manually installed the win 95 patch (copied those few files and pasted them into the wc4 directory) and it worked! For some reason the patch wouldn't install itself....

Thanks!

PS: For the record, it's WC4 is much harder than I remember ;-) That 3rd mission or whatever when you have to do the recon photos is rough...oy

If you need any help let me know....I'd be glad! Drop me an email if you want....I can explain in more detail what I did if you can't get it going.

Back