WC4 crashes computer after closing

meisdavidp

All your belief cannot absolve your sin.
Hey, not sure if there is already a thread that mentions this... If so, please remove this post or move it to that thread. Anyhow my problem is when I run WC4 (CD version) on my computer (Windows XP) it runs fine but as soon as I quit, the next thing I do BS'o'deths... this has had some nasty side effects (mostly involving data loss). Has anyone else dealt with this and/or know anything that could fix this problem?

I asume you are using the win9x patch. It's possible that when the game closes windows is having issues unloading the drivers needed for running the game. Have you experimented with changing the soundcard/video setup for the game? Are your sound and video drivers for windows up to date?

Everything's up to date, I have not however tried playing around with the game's config. I will do that and get back to you with the results.

Even with the Windows patch, do make sure you're setting it to run in Windows 95/98 compatibility mode. Some background graphics software also might be fumbling the return to original resolution. Disable any program for the video card that might be running.

I will definately try that... when my torrents finish... have no intent of waiting through another thread check.... ai chihuahua!

Back