WC4 - Cannot map keys to 360 joypad with anything.

kirby2000

Captain
Has anyone had any success mapping an Xbox 360 joypad to Wing Commander 4 - GOG edition?

I have Xpadder installed and when I run the two applications side by side, I can see XPadder is detecting my button presses (e.g. Y for autopiliot), but the game is ignoring them. This happens for all buttons, not just the ones it automatically maps to the joypad (Stick 1 - movement, stick 2 - rolling, triggers throttler, buttons 1 & 2 guns and missiles).

I also tried Joy2Key with no luck.

Has anyone had any success mapping an Xbox 360 joypad to Wing Commander 4 - GOG edition?

I have Xpadder installed and when I run the two applications side by side, I can see XPadder is detecting my button presses (e.g. Y for autopiliot), but the game is ignoring them. This happens for all buttons, not just the ones it automatically maps to the joypad (Stick 1 - movement, stick 2 - rolling, triggers throttler, buttons 1 & 2 guns and missiles).

I also tried Joy2Key with no luck.

Have you enabled joystick flight within in-flight options? (Alt-O) Don't forget to press the SAVE button.

GOG WC4 is the windows based executable so if that sees it then the game will too.

Last edited:
Also if u are using a 360 controller you dont need to use xpadder. That may be where ur problem lies. I use a wired 360 on one computer and a wireless 360 on another computer and both work fine with the microsoft drivers.

One more thing. In these old games make sure u don't have any other gamepads, flightstick or throttle or any of those things plugged in while u play. Just go mouse, keyboard, and gamepad and you should be fine.

Thanks for the suggestions. It turned out that I needed to run Xpadder as Administrator, something I didn't need to do in Wing Commander III!

Back