wc4&5 on athlon800 &sbLive5.1

Stormbird

Spaceman
it must be me... working under Win98SE the soundtest for wc4 locks up my computer. wc5 gives sketchy movies and breaks in sound... feels like the system's too fast for the game!
okok, i got an older machine, esp for hte more mature games, but of course it would be fun to be able to play these on my new computer...esp wc5 now i finally have a good 3dfx card... or should i invest in a new 3dfx for the old pentium 200MMX ???
Guys, help me out here, i can't believe i'm the only one facing these difficulties!!!!

Thanx already,

Rick "Stormbird" Braxum

For prophecy:

<windows dir>\system\dxdiag.exe
go to DSound tab
slide acceleration slider to the minimum (or close to).
Should help.

Which version of WC4? DVD, Win95, or DOS.

WCP: You stated that you have a SBLive 5.1. If you are also using LW3 and DirectX 8.x is game will most likely not work. There compartiblity problems between LW3 and DirextX 8.x. CL is aware of this and we are hoping there when release LW4 this will fix them. I email CL support and was told to use DirectX 7.x. To do this you'll need to format your c: drive. You can try the below steps. If you are using DirectX 7.x this will most likely work.

For SBLive cards:
When the movie plays and it seems to be playing too fast and skipping try disabling "Sound Hardware Acceleration".
Control Panel>Multimedia>Advance button>Properties
Also do a find file for "DXDiag" and disable it here too. Remember to re-enable it for other games.

If your OS is Win9x/ME then get the Sound Blaster (Live! series) "sblw9xup.exe" drivers update Revision: SBLW-9XDRV-1-US (Revision 1) Date: 5/5/00 Size: 5.69 MB
If your OS is Win200 then get the Sound Blaster Live! Drivers Update "lw3drv.exe" Revision: SBLW-2KDRV-W1-US Date: 7/11/00 Size: 4.12 MB

love you guys

will try it out this weekend, let you know if it works

happy to have joined the CIC... i may be a lazy rookie who likes to play invulnerable and simply enjoys the in-flight AI as well as the storylines, but hey... i was hooked on WC from the beginning.

if anyone knows where to get the WCA cartoon avi files, let me know....i tried the CIC links and they don't work

Episodes are rotated weekly. The current episode (12) will be up until Sunday. The link is on the main page.

Thank you, Sir!

Hopefully the previous 11 episodes will return for this collector. As all cadets I'm eager and impatient.
I was way too late finding out that the episodes were on tele down here two seasons ago (here being the Netherlands), and didn't recognise the original voices of Hamill, Marshall and MacDowell.

if anyone's interested in the WC3 Behind the Screens cd, just let me know and we'll see what i can do about that.

Originally posted by KrisV
Episodes are rotated weekly. The current episode (12) will be up until Sunday. The link is on the main page.

Sorry to bother you once again Kris, but I'm simply dying of curiosity for the next episode!

MORE TECH TROUBLE
I did as you guys suggested and it all looked nice. Most of the echo and stammer died out of WC5, WC4 installed, I was happy as a baby. But I couldn't play till tonite, and that's when I found out that at the moment you take off for a mission, that games hangs. Poof. I just sighed, started up my old computer again and posted this tearjerker on the thread.
I could use some help me out here!

Episode 13 is not up yet, because the server is 'having an episode'. So when 13 finally goes up it'll probably stay up a little longer than usual. And then it's back to 1.

Back