Wc3 Xp ?

Method-Man

Spaceman
Hey there , I got a problem with wc3 under WinXP.I try to install it but when im double-clicking on the wc3 symbol the "DOS-Mode" starts and tells me Not enough files available Files must be 25 or sumthing like that.What have i got to do ? Pleeeeeease help me.
My System :
Medion PC 1,8 GHZ
256 MB DDRAM
Geforce 2 TI
Sound onboard
Windows XP Home Edition
Please help its been 5 years since i played WC3 and i wanna kick some furballs.:D

That files-thing is referring to a line in autoexec.bat. Since you have XP, I doubt you have it... But, if you do, I think FILESHIGH=30 is a better line. If you have himem.sys as well... Plop. I don't know XP.

Originally posted by Mystery muppet
That files-thing is referring to a line in autoexec.bat. Since you have XP, I doubt you have it... But, if you do, I think FILESHIGH=30 is a better line. If you have himem.sys as well... Plop. I don't know XP.

No , XP doesnt have the autoexec and himem.Perhaps there is a
patch for win95 so i can go in compatibility mode.Any other ideas ?Thanks for your reply

Hey i edited the config.nt (in xp its .nt not sys)Iset FILES : 30
So it started the install mode.But then after the first CD-Rom and VGA Test appeared it hangs . Press any key works not.What now ? Somebody please gimme a hint.
:(

Hey after a little work i finally installed it with some univbe and atapi drivers,great:D
But one more thing i ve got to know...
The digitized FX play very poor not correctly.somebody know wich channels or dma ports ? Maybe this has something to do with the disabled dxdiag sound acceleration (WC Prophecy ) ?

possibly, try enabling it.
what card do u have?
also check ur IRQ, XP doesn't really use DMA so i don't know about that.

Originally posted by Happy
possibly, try enabling it.
what card do u have?
also check ur IRQ, XP doesn't really use DMA so i don't know about that.

I enabled it but this has nothing to do with that.
I dont know what card im using , its some onboard soundcard compatible with SB & Microsoft Sound System 2.0.The sounds in the FMV movies are quite good but the ingame effects like shooting and the comms are ..uh..scrambled or cutted ( excuse my poor english knowledge ):)

well being that i have no experience with that version, i have no real clue.
but i would suggest trying different sound settings.
or boot using a dos boot disk.

Originally posted by Happy
well being that i have no experience with that version, i have no real clue.
but i would suggest trying different sound settings.
or boot using a dos boot disk.

Anyway..the game runs fine the fx are not so important.
Thanks to your support....:)

Back